Bury Soul Night - Neil Jones Is A Nutter - Bicknell's Playlist

I would just like to say that Neil Jones is a nutter, no reason he just is ok...lol really enjoyed last night at Bury, after a long hard week at work is was nice to relax and unwind with a few friends and the odd beer or six, not as busy as i've seen it in the past but still a good crowd who were up for a good dance in the main room, quality records on offer pretty much all the way through, my contribution between 12 through 1am was as follows, in no order -

The Metrics - Wishes - Chadwick

The Victors - Hurt - Philips

The Whispers - Remember - Soul Clock

Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You Babe - Hib DJ

The Four Perfections - I'm Not Strong Enough - Party Time

Adams Apples - Don't Take It Out On This World - Brunswick DJ

The Majestics - (I Love Her So Much) It Hurts Me - Linda DJ

Earl Jackson - Soul Self Satisfaction - ABC DJ

Lorraine Chandler - I Can't Hold On - RCA DJ

The Dynamics - Yes I Love You Baby - Top Ten

Little John (The House Rocker) Heart Breakin' Time - Martay

The Trends - Gonna Have To Show You - ABC

Billy Prophet - What Can I Do? - Sue DJ

Ty Karim - You Really Made It Good To Me - Senator

Tony Clarke - (They Call Me) A Wrong Man - M-S DJ

Jimmy Burns - I Really Love You - Erica

Four Tracks - Like My Love For You - Mandingo

Wade Flemons - Jeanette - Ramsel

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head - Smoke

Bobby Kline - Say Something Nice To Me - MB

Hollywood Flames - Dance Senorita - Symbol - Gonna go mental this get one now before it gets silly.

Deligates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back - Up Look

Pat And The Blenders - Just Because - Fast Eddie

Herb Ward - Strange Change - Argo

Pretty much it may have missed one or two but like i said Neil Jones is a nutter so blame him for my brain being like mush, all in all a good night, nice to see the likes of Rod and Clair Shard, Karl and Debbie Rhodes, Garry Cope, Dave Withers, Big Robbo who did a really nice spot before me who reminded me just how good John Leach, Curly Moore etc. really are, superb sound system supplied by Mr Maleedy which sounded so clean and crisp, loved it and can't wait to be asked back to play a few, top night Mr Jones......you nutter. Many thanks to Jayne Malone always the perfect host.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
  • Replies 9
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nutter is it?? Mark, you don't need any encouragement at all when it comes to emptying beer kegs mate so don't go blaming me for your fragility the day after!!! LOL :dance:

Nice one Mark - thanks as always for a top set. When you see a play list like this written down you think 'Jeez! thats a proper bundle of tunes'.

Attendance was a little down on previous nites but still a good sized crowd and both rooms were busy all night.

It seems that pretty much every Soul Nite (particularly around the North West) have seen similar. Its probably safe to say that as the longer nights draw in, attendances will be back to normal. Its been said that Northern Soul is more of a winter sport.

As you said, Robbo also played a cracking set, as did Sean and Les Harrison. I thought the mix of music was pretty much spot on last night - just the right amount of classics and plenty of newer sounds kept the floor busy and kept it interesting from doors open til 2am.

Looking ahead now to the Niter in October - post separately in Events section with more info....

Nutter is it?? Mark, you don't need any encouragement at all when it comes to emptying beer kegs mate so don't go blaming me for your fragility the day after!!! LOL :dance:

Attendance was a little down on previous nites but still a good sized crowd and both rooms were busy all night.

It seems that pretty much every Soul Nite (particularly around the North West) have seen similar. Its probably safe to say that as the longer nights draw in, attendances will be back to normal. Its been said that Northern Soul is more of a winter sport.

Looking ahead now to the Niter in October - post separately in Events section with more info....

Hi,

Thanks Mark, always love having you on at Bury.

A count from the "sober & driving department" of this organisation reveals that numbers were actually up this month on the previous few summer months, just short of 200 through the door. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

S&D Mgr. lol

Hi,

Thanks Mark, always love having you on at Bury.

A count from the "sober & driving department" of this organisation reveals that numbers were actually up this month on the previous few summer months, just short of 200 through the door. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

S&D Mgr. lol

a count from "the drunk and definitely not driving"says it was a great night,what else would you expect,can't wait for october

Mick

hi guys, just seen this thread now - yea me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed Friday night - it wasnt as full as last time but we both actually found that more enjoyable for some reason!? :lol:

maybe cos we could get to the dancefloor easily without having to push past peeps and not getting whacked by someone doing some move before we got a space to dance or maybe it's just cos we didnt have to sit right infront of the PA system all night like last time lol! :yes:

just outta interest, could someone tell me how much it would be to become a member so we can pay a fiver each rather than £6 each everytime? i know it's only a saving of a quid each but when your paying £8/10 in a taxi there and back and then to pay in too - (which means we've paid £20 or thereabouts before we've even danced and got a drinky poo!) well the extra £2 off between us will eventually start paying for itself if you know what i mean?!

now don't all start giving me stories of how much more you guys have spent - i know i know it's prolly shit loads more compared to that but, well, i can't help the fact i drink like a fish! :lol:

wAvy!

hi guys, just seen this thread now - yea me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed Friday night - it wasnt as full as last time but we both actually found that more enjoyable for some reason!? :lol:

maybe cos we could get to the dancefloor easily without having to push past peeps and not getting whacked by someone doing some move before we got a space to dance or maybe it's just cos we didnt have to sit right infront of the PA system all night like last time lol! :yes:

just outta interest, could someone tell me how much it would be to become a member so we can pay a fiver each rather than £6 each everytime? i know it's only a saving of a quid each but when your paying £8/10 in a taxi there and back and then to pay in too - (which means we've paid £20 or thereabouts before we've even danced and got a drinky poo!) well the extra £2 off between us will eventually start paying for itself if you know what i mean?!

now don't all start giving me stories of how much more you guys have spent - i know i know it's prolly shit loads more compared to that but, well, i can't help the fact i drink like a fish! :lol:

wAvy!

Hi Wavy,

Thanks - membership is free. Just ask on the door, either me or young sean (or the "Pissed & definitely not driving" dept behind us (aka Micksmix!) LOL and we'll sort it out for you.

I really wish I remembered some of August night at Bury. I got more pissed than ever whilst commiserating old age and dont remember much. I'm gutted because people keep telling me how good it was and what a great modern room we had, I booked all my favourite DJ's for the occasion and I've bearly any recollection!. :huh:

Jayne.x.