JJ Barnes - Got to get rid of you / Snowflakes WD

Mal C

Just saw a copy on Evil-bay, stated demo with "Snowflakes"as the flip, I always thought you had to get the issue for that coupling, and the demo had Snowflakes each side, as happens with allot of Volt demos.

Anybody know, is this an east / west coast difference perhaps? the on on ebay looks west coast to me..

Mal

$_57.JPG

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Hmmm, so I bought my issue having got the wrong end of the stick :huh:  there certainly doesn't seem to be any method to this, Margie Joseph "one more chance" surfers from this, as does Charlene & The Soul Serenaders,  but other discs dont, so would the producer at Stax/Volt be responsible for that decision? i.e what sides to demo, or is it pot luck?

Social source share

Just saw a copy on Evil-bay, stated demo with "Snowflakes"as the flip, I always thought you had to get the issue for that coupling, and the demo had Snowflakes each side, as happens with allot of Volt demos.

Anybody know, is this an east / west coast difference perhaps? the on on ebay looks west coast to me..

Mal

$_57.JPG

The E-Bay version is West Coast, and was pressed at Monarch.  I have seen only "Snowflakes" on both sides on the white vinyl DJ pressed on The East Coast.  So, it seems that it WAS an East/West Coast difference, and separate decision.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!