Another Madness Price On A Bootleg 45

:ohmy:  Maybe this has been mentioned previously ( apologies if so )  .. Why has Jimmy Mack price on a recent bootleg gone to these levels . Please explain .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIGAN-NORTHERN-SOUL-R-B-7-RECORD-JIMMY-MACK-MY-WORLD-IS-ON-FIRE-PALMER-DEMO-/291544309044?hash=item43e1651d34&nma=true&si=Z0y7t6DvKVgLgP3kkeAbnacROks%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Social source share

:ohmy:  Maybe this has been mentioned previously ( apologies if so )  .. Why has Jimmy Mack price on a recent bootleg gone to these levels . Please explain .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIGAN-NORTHERN-SOUL-R-B-7-RECORD-JIMMY-MACK-MY-WORLD-IS-ON-FIRE-PALMER-DEMO-/291544309044?hash=item43e1651d34&nma=true&si=Z0y7t6DvKVgLgP3kkeAbnacROks%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Triple bonkers................

Social source share

So, is this the 'Soul Galore' re-issue from the 70's with stuck on labels or a newer boot?

I think they are Soul Galore reissues with a scanned, stuck-on label.  Reason I say so is that the record looks styrene (as the Soul Galore reissue was), and the label looks pale and matt, like a typical average quality scan.

Social source share

Why not just purchase the Out Of the past green boot for £6.99 loads around .  :yes:

Not of Jimmy Mack there aren't..

I think they are Soul Galore reissues with a scanned, stuck-on label.  Reason I say so is that the record looks styrene (as the Soul Galore reissue was), and the label looks pale and matt, like a typical average quality scan.

Thats exactly what they are Gene because Go On isn't on any other reissue

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think I'd rather keep it as is, 'Soul Galore', rather than stick a crap looking photocopied label over it!!:g:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It's getting to be like the Olympics - there, you have so many cheating on drugs, it would make sense to have another Olympics for those who don't want to cheat.

Roll on the day when there are two soul markets, one for the cheats and a proper one for OVO buyers.

Why do we have to put up with these fakes polluting the sales pages?

Social source share

The same seller has another 2 copies up ? Madness , as I said before I struggle to get a decent price for some nice originals Doh !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I bought a real one 2 weeks ago  and I have that nasty pink one hanging around and saw this thread.People must be bloody stupid.Buy a pink one and stick your own label on if you are that desperate and save 90 quid or better still buy some real records and stop pretending.Until there are national big current northern soul records that are rare and guarded with cover up names etc this is going to happen.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

He is at it again!

Another "fun" labled copy on eBay and people are bidding again!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291569031096?clk_rvr_id=907026408819&rmvSB=true

I suppose the seeds were sown when the soul galore label issue was unleashed by Simon Soussan.

Now we have people taking cuttings from a weed in a bid to convince others they look like flowers. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!