Wilton Ballroom

Guest Trevski

Good turn out at the Wilton this Friday! Arrived about 9:30 to find the entrance blocked off by builders fencing! Thought it had gone, but peering into the darkness, could just make it out, unfortunatly no way in for cars! Parked in the pub, where Mouse turned up later to inform us that he had, with a little help, moved the fencing! :D By 11pm the car park was filling nicely and a decent sized crowd was already in. The attendance was up on recent nights, due to some new faces, and several old ones that hadn't been in a while! Newly tarmac'd car park hinted something was going on and the news looks promising. Aparrently, Mouse, after speaking to the owners in the week, was told that they now had no plans to sell, due to the fact that the build up of business premises, warehouses, offices etc had been bringing in more bookings for the place! They also confirmed the Wilton dates for next year So altho' not totaly bright as yet, the future looks less gloomy. Musicaly, a fine night, with rather more oldies than of late, but as these were of the quality variety, they were welll recieved Derek Pearson played a particularly fine spot IMHO, as did Alex Jones, well done chaps Kirsty's game of twister took place , first Vs Headsy then Kirsty Vs Kirsty M whistling.gif Headsy manipulating the selection pointer, in order to place them in the most compromising positions blush.gif (photo's may be forthcoming) All in all a fine night of excellent sounds, good company,fun and frolics allround!

Playlist please guys (that means you Derek) If he can remember he was there :huh: Conversation:

Trevski: "What you been up to Derek?"

DP: "Went to an all-nighter last week, don't know where"

Trevski:"I saw you at Middleton, remember?"

DP: " Ah so THATS where I was!" :D

Edited by Trevski
  • Replies 25
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good turn out at the Wilton this Friday! Arrived about 9:30 to find the entrance blocked off by builders fencing! Thought it had gone, but peering into the darkness, could just make it out, unfortunatly no way in for cars! Parked in the pub, where Mouse turned up later to inform us that he had, with a little help, moved the fencing! :D By 11pm the car park was filling nicely and a decent sized crowd was already in. The attendance was up on recent nights, due to some new faces, and several old ones that hadn't been in a while! Newly tarmac'd car park hinted something was going on and the news looks promising. Aparrently, Mouse, after speaking to the owners in the week, was told that they now had no plans to sell, due to the fact that the build up of business premises, warehouses, offices etc had been bringing in more bookings for the place! They also confirmed the Wilton dates for next year So altho' not totaly bright as yet, the future looks less gloomy. Musicaly, a fine night, with rather more oldies than of late, but as these were of the quality variety, they were welll recieved Derek Pearson played a particularly fine spot IMHO, as did Alex Jones, well done chaps Kirsty's game of twister took place , first v Headsy then Kirsty V Kirsty M whistling.gif Headsy manipulating the selection pointer, in order to place them in the most compromising positions :huh: (photo's may be forthcoming) All in all a fine night of excellent sounds, good company,fun and frolics allround!

Playlist please guys (that means you Derek) If he can remember he was there :D Conversation: Trevski: "What you been up to Derek?"

DP: " Ah so THATS where I was!" :D

Nice to see the numbers up,must be the "Twister"............... blush.gif

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Very impressed by my first Wilton, Thanx go to Paul & Sue for persuading me to attend. A nice venue with some excellent music being played but I must admit never thought I'd see a game of twister played at an All-Nighter blush.gif

My mate who travelled all the way up from Letchworth also enjoyed the night. So shift work permitting I'll be at the next all nighter. Also enjoyed stopping at the Redbeck Cafe on the way home for an policitally uncorrect and wholly unhealthy breakfast !!!

A good night was had by all whistling.gif

Dave

Great news that The Wilton will still be there next year and beyond, this announcement by Dave Box made a brilliant night even better.

Full credit to all DJ's but highlight for us was Karl Rhodes stepping in at short notice for Carl Fortnum and what a spot, he played 4 or 5 which were included on the excellent SON Anniversary CD and some other top sounds as well.

For anyone interested some of the music played throughout the night by all DJ's:-

Blue Jays - Point Of View

Ascots - Few Feet From The Gutter

Commands - No Time For You and Hey It's Love

Masqueraders - How Big is Big and Ain't Gonna Stop

Richard Caiton - Like To Get Near You

Carressors - I Can't Stay Away

Johnny Gilliam - Roomful Of Tears

Servicemen - Sweet Magic

El Anthony - We've Been In Love Too Long

Cate Williams - Our Love Is Dying

Kings Of Soul - Is Your Love For Me

Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool

Little Samson - Don't Take Your Love

Bobby Sansom - Don't Leave

Dynamite Singletary - I Really Love You

Ralph Soul Jackson - Set Me Free

Lee Brackett - Ruby

Lee Williams - Everything About You

plus lots more top tunes

Hopefully some of the DJ's will post full playlists at some time.

Looking forward to Frobisher in 2 weeks time , see you all there

Paul & Sue

Guest markmtfc

Just like to say, best nite i have had at the wilton for some time, attendance on the up, and a few old faces returning to the fold.

Thought dereks spot was excellent, good mixture, and it was nice to see the dance floor busy for most of the time we were there.

Just like to say Hi to Steve Hornbuckle, and the new mrs, nice to see you again m8, dont leave it for twelve years again.

Really good night, best I've had there for ages.

Nice to see some new faces & some old ones too.

Really nice to see Little John's wife there, as she said it is what he would have wanted.

Cant believe someone got some photo's of the twister game, how much do I have to bribe you not to put them up rolleyes.gif:huh:

And as for you Headsy unsure.gif

Looking forward to the next one when it is Bernie & Andy's wedding celebrations, hope people will come down to support them.

Kirstyx

Nice one trev whistling.gif

was good to be back after a break from the wilton, such a lovely venue, had a really great night unit i get a phone call at 4am and my old mans club got broke into so spent the best part of an hour ont the phone to the police ect :angry:

one of the best i've been too, a really good mix of music that seemed to keep the dancefloor going through most of the night, numbers droped off around 2-3 am......looking forward to the next one :lol:

We go there about 1am and when I got in there I couldn't believe the venue. AMAZING!!! Absolutely loved it. The music was top and a real buzz about it.

But have to say that the last 3 hrs were too mid tempo for me. When its getting late you need something to get you going and it just wasn't happening for me. Personally I found it a bit mediocre and that seemed to be reflected with the dancefloor being quiet for large parts of the night.

Well, surprise, surprise I enjoyed myself - though musically I thought it was pretty poor. Have heard each of the Djs do much better spots. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of top tunes played - but nothing seemed to grab me and make me run to the dance floor. Think I only danced about 10 times all night, which is practically unheard of for me. That may have been because I was too busy talking... :lol:

There was a fairly good crowd in, though a fair few regulars were missing.

Only had one game of twister - with the other Kirsty. Had her arse in my face until Headsy pushed us over and we landed in a heap laughing thumbsup.gif

Now I have a few public apologies to make...

Mick H - I obviously hit a raw nerve with an earlier throw away comment, I did apologise and give an explanation. And I'll say sorry publically now.

Becky - I promise to leave you alone in the future - your friends should of told me you were really shy. You could win a prize for avoiding eye contact though :lol:

I'll be at the next one :lol:

Always enjoy DJing at the Wilton its like a family affair. Struth its been going 12 or 13 years now and long may it continue. But those new builds are getting closer and closer. Still we've got a neat newly surfaced car park to keep us going hehehe. Boxy tells me he's got confirmed dates for all of 2007.

Bernard Williams 'Focused on you' Harthon;

Caressors “I can’t stay away” Rujac;

Johnny Guitar Watson “Aint gonna move” Jowat;

Toni Basil “Breakaway” A&M;

Marvelous Ray “Whirlpool” Abner;

Accents “Who you gonna love” Onederful;

Fred Hughes “Don’t let me down” Vee Jay;

Masqueraders “How” LaBeat;

Revlons “What a love this is” Toy;

Parliaments “Heart trouble” Golden World;

Elbie Parker “Please keep away from me” Veep;

Lou Roberts “You fooled me” MGM;

Tempests “Someday” Smash LP;

International GTOs “I love you baby” Rojac;

Malibus “Gee baby I love you” Sureshot;

Danny Woods “You had me fooled” Correctone;

JJ Barnes “Sweet sherry” Stax LP;

Keni Lewis "Whats her name" Buddah;

Deon Jackson “When your love has gone” Carla;

Gambrells 'You better move' Carla;

Tokays “Baby baby baby” Brute;

Jackie Wilson “I don’t want to lose you” Brunswick;

Jimmy Wallace “I’ll be back”

Shufflers “Always be mine” Crackerjack;

Johnny Gilliam “Room full of tears”

I got most pleasure in playing the Revlons, Marvelous Ray and Lou Roberts - been meaning to spin them for ages - all 3 got a great response.

onwards,

derekp_online.gifp_card.gifp_pm.gifp_up.gif

Edited by Derek Pearson

Always enjoy DJing at the Wilton its like a family affair. Struth its been going 12 or 13 years now and long may it continue. But those new builds are getting closer and closer. Still we've got a neat newly surfaced car park to keep us going hehehe. Boxy tells me he's got confirmed dates for all of 2007.

Caressors "I can't stay away" Rujac;

Johnny Guitar Watson "Aint gonna move" Jowat;

Toni Basil "Breakaway" A&M;

Marvelous Ray "Whirlpool" Abner;

Accents "Who you gonna love" Onederful;

Fred Hughes "Don't let me down" Vee Jay;

Masqueraders "How" LaBeat;

Revlons "What a love this is" Toy;

Parliaments "Heart trouble" Golden World;

Elbie Parker "Please keep away from me" Veep;

Lou Roberts "You fooled me" MGM;

Tempests "Someday" Smash LP;

International GTOs "I love you baby" Rojac;

Malibus "Gee baby I love you" Sureshot;

Danny Woods "You had me fooled" Correctone;

JJ Barnes "Sweet sherry" Stax LP;

Deon Jackson "When your love has gone" Carla;

Tokays "Baby baby baby" Brute;

Jackie Wilson "I don't want to lose you" Brunswick;

Jimmy Wallace "I'll be back"

Shufflers "Always be mine" Crackerjack;

Johnny Gilliam "Room full of tears"

I got most pleasure in playing the Revlons, Marvelous Ray and Lou Roberts - been meaning to spin them for ages - all 3 got a great response.

onwards,

Marvelous Ray,wish i hadnt sold it,anybody got one to flog.........and how much would i be expected to pay,loads? thumbsup.gif

Nice playlist Derek thumbsup.gif One in the eye for those who won't go to the Wilton "because they play too many 70's" or "They only play obscure stuff I don't know" Good selection of quality oldies. Nowt wrong with oldies if they are chosen with imagination, as was your spot. Keep up the good work! :lol:

onwards,

Room full of tears,one of the greatest tracks i have heard,had a chance to buy it for £20 many moons ago :angry: i bet its goes for a bit more now...Can we have a sound file please,would like to hear just now..Great choice indeed thumbsup.gif

Keni Lewis "Whats her name" Buddah;

onwards,

quality stuff derek,really sorry I couldn't make it,the revlons sounded rather good at keele didn't it,anyone got a spare?

Mick

Well, surprise, surprise I enjoyed myself - though musically I thought it was pretty poor. Have heard each of the Djs do much better spots. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of top tunes played - but nothing seemed to grab me and make me run to the dance floor. Think I only danced about 10 times all night, which is practically unheard of for me. That may have been because I was too busy talking... :D

There was a fairly good crowd in, though a fair few regulars were missing.

Only had one game of twister - with the other Kirsty. Had her arse in my face until Headsy pushed us over and we landed in a heap laughing :thumbsup:

Now I have a few public apologies to make...

Mick H - I obviously hit a raw nerve with an earlier throw away comment, I did apologise and give an explanation. And I'll say sorry publically now.

Becky - I promise to leave you alone in the future - your friends should of told me you were really shy. You could win a prize for avoiding eye contact though :)

I'll be at the next one :thumbsup:

Kirsty

You forgot somebody in your apologies. What about the poor guy that was talking to Sarah?. The poor guy was just passing the time of day with her, & you come bounding over & shout at the top of your voice,you can do better than that Sarah!

Absolutely priceless :)

I dont think Sarah knew where to put herself.

Anyway, hope I didnt fart while we were playing Twister :D

Kx

Guest Gavin Page

[Conversation:

Trevski: "What you been up to Derek?"

DP: " Ah so THATS where I was!" :thumbsup:

Sorry it's a bit late, but after the Wilton, Mr. Fenn's 50th birthday bash, and a North Sea fishing trip, I needed some shut-eye. I would like to stop the rumours - the Wilton is not closing, and the dates are secured for 2007. What about the new car park then? Nice to see some encouraging comments, seems the place is buzzing again. Last spot of the night it's sometimes difficult to keep the dance floor full, but there were a few folks on their feet, including the dog who seemed to appreciate my spot! Shame the dog missed Kirsty's "Twister" game, would like to have seen it involved in that. Here's my play list:

BOXY'S PLAY LIST 5 to 6am

Lenny Miles - In Between Tears - Scepter

George Freeman - Down and Out - Valiant

Jimmy Hart - Tea House - Mercury

Natural Four - I Thought you were Mine - Boola Boola

Lee Williams - It's Everything About You - Carnival

Masqueraders - I Don't Want Nobody..... - Wand

Mixed Emotions - Gold Of My Life - Rock-way

Exportations - I Want You - Vir-Ro

Enchanters - There's A Look About You - Tee Pee

Fabulous Apollos - The One Alone - Valone

Shepards - Little Girl Lost - ABC

Vibrations - Pick Me - Okeh

Temptones - Girl I Love You - Arctic

Fascinators - In Other Words - Bombay

Jets - Everything I Do - Port

Otis Brown - Southside Chicago - Ole

LaSawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now - Sincere

Marvin Smith - Stay With Me

Gene Chandler - Without You Here - Curtom

Bobby McClure - Was It Something I Said - HI

Chuck Jackson - The Man & The Woman - Dakar

See you all at the next Wilton, November 17th, and as always, we appreciate your support.

Edited by Boxy

Here's my play list:

BOXY'S PLAY LIST 5 to 6am

Lenny Miles - In Between Tears - Scepter

George Freeman - Down and Out - Valiant

Jimmy Hart - Tea House - Mercury

Natural Four - I Thought you were Mine - Boola Boola

Lee Williams - It's Everything About You - Carnival

Masqueraders - I Don't Want Nobody..... - Wand

Mixed Emotions - Gold Of My Life - Rock-way

Exportations - I Want You - Vir-Ro

Enchanters - There's A Look About You - Tee Pee

Fabulous Apollos - The One Alone - Valone

Shepards - Little Girl Lost - ABC

Vibrations - Pick Me - Okeh

Temptones - Girl I Love You - Arctic

Fascinators - In Other Words - Bombay

Jets - Everything I Do - Port

Otis Brown - Southside Chicago - Ole

LaSawn Collins - What You Gonna Do Now - Sincere

Marvin Smith - Stay With Me

Gene Chandler - Without You Here - Curtom

Bobby McClure - Was It Something I Said - HI

Chuck Jackson - The Man & The Woman - Dakar

See you all at the next Wilton, November 17th, and as always, we appreciate your support.

Some top spins there Mr Box! Mixed Emotions!! :lol: How GOOD does that sound now!! deffo big spins coming for that again methinks. Remember where you heard it first folks! :lol:

Some top spins there Mr Box! Mixed Emotions!! :lol: How GOOD does that sound now!! deffo big spins coming for that again methinks. Remember where you heard it first folks! :yes:

Every man and his dog plays this now - but only because they ain't got the good Mixed Emotions tooone :lol: Seem to hear it at every place I go (and I don't get out much)