The Burnley Allnighter

Quinvy

Got a call from the management of the Falcon yesterday. My dates for the next three months have been given to other clients. It's all about money in the end, and works Christmas party's guarantee them big money....

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but I've had to take the only other dates available. I have no choice in the matter, and if I clash with any other promotions, I sincerely appologise.....

The new dates for your diary are, Friday October 13th - Friday November 24th and Saturday December 30th....

Thanks for your support, and I hope to see you all in October.

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Phil,

Really sorry mate, I think its my works do that clashes on Dec 9th?

However, what a good date 30th December is. I love do's in between Christmas and New Year.

All the best,

Brian B

Hi Brian,

I can't really blame Garry & Sue for wanting to make a lot of money. But it don't half make it hard work for me. whistling.gif A bit late in the year to be making bookings. Can you ask your firm to book their date for next year now please.

It's gonna take some serious re-organisation with guest DJ's etc.

Oh well, hope to see you on the 30th.

Best, Phil. :lol:

Guest Marcelle

The new dates for your diary are, Friday October 13th - Friday November 24th and Saturday December 30th....

Phil.

Edited by Marcelle

Phil.

:thumbsup: FRIDAY 13th Oct .... :thumbsup:

FRIDAY 24th Nov .... :) (is that when Joan`s on ?)

SATURDAY 30TH .... :D if I have recovered from our do Boxing Night

Marcelle xxx

Hi Marcelle,

I'm still trying to get everything sorted after the bombshell. Still waiting to hear off Andy if he can do the new date. Everything is up in the air, don't even know who'll be on next time....

Deffo Cliff Camfield, Stuart Bennett, Karl Heard, myself and hopefully Fred Krol & Andy Killick. Hope you will be available to help us with the most important part, the door.....

Just when you think you can relax for a while, you get a right kick in the wotsits.

Speak soon, Phil. xx

Have just acquired the services of Alan Salisbury to do the early spot for us. Never heard Alan play, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Al. :D
Cheers Phil... Got shivers running down my spine thinking about it... :D - But really really looking forward to it.... Looks like I will be amongst some austere company.. :D will have to be on my best behaviour then...... :D

Al

Edited by NiteOwl

Cheers Phil... Got shivers running down my spine thinking about it... :lol: - But really really looking forward to it.... Looks like I will be amongst some austere company.. :D will have to be on my best behaviour then...... ranting_1.gif

Al

Not sure about being called austere unsure.gif can't think what you mean Al huh.gif

I've emailed you the latest flier, which was done before I knew you were on. Sorry, I will amend it before I print any more.

Phil.

Not sure about being called austere :yes: can't think what you mean Al biggrin.gif

I've emailed you the latest flier, which was done before I knew you were on. Sorry, I will amend it before I print any more.

Phil.

No problem Phil...... May be as well to remain anonymous... lol :( Worth a bump anyway..... :lol:
Guest Neil Taylor

HI PHILL,LOOKING FOREWARD TO YOUR ALL-NIGHTER NEXT FRIDAY 13TH OCT.HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE TOP DRAWER STUFF,JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE...WHICH IMO WAS ONE OF THE BEST ALL NIGHTER`S OF THE YEAR.iF YOU HAVE`NT BEEN YET,GET YOURSELF OVER TO BURNLEY,CRACKING MUSIC & PEOPLE.BIG THANKS TO THE DJ WHO PLAYED,- CLIP MY WINGS...ANNETTA ARCHIBALD...TOP AWESOME TUNE(MADE MY NIGHT)...NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE BARN PHILL,I PROMISE TO STOP TURNING THE VOL UP WHEN I`M ON,....HA,HA,HA,......NEIL. :)

HI PHILL,LOOKING FOREWARD TO YOUR ALL-NIGHTER NEXT FRIDAY 13TH OCT.HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE TOP DRAWER STUFF,JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE...WHICH IMO WAS ONE OF THE BEST ALL NIGHTER`S OF THE YEAR.iF YOU HAVE`NT BEEN YET,GET YOURSELF OVER TO BURNLEY,CRACKING MUSIC & PEOPLE.BIG THANKS TO THE DJ WHO PLAYED,- CLIP MY WINGS...ANNETTA ARCHIBALD...TOP AWESOME TUNE(MADE MY NIGHT)...NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE BARN PHILL,I PROMISE TO STOP TURNING THE VOL UP WHEN I`M ON,....HA,HA,HA,......NEIL. :D

it wont ,be at the next two 'gigs will it , and dont forget 'thers still one pending :D:):D:)

Guest Neil Taylor
it wont ,be at the next two 'gigs will it , and dont forget 'thers still one pending :thumbsup::lol::yes:ranting_1.gif
if you want a full house who are into uptempo soul, me & ruddy are the real deal.....

HI PHILL,LOOKING FOREWARD TO YOUR ALL-NIGHTER NEXT FRIDAY 13TH OCT.HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE TOP DRAWER STUFF,JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE...WHICH IMO WAS ONE OF THE BEST ALL NIGHTER`S OF THE YEAR.iF YOU HAVE`NT BEEN YET,GET YOURSELF OVER TO BURNLEY,CRACKING MUSIC & PEOPLE.BIG THANKS TO THE DJ WHO PLAYED,- CLIP MY WINGS...ANNETTA ARCHIBALD...TOP AWESOME TUNE(MADE MY NIGHT)...NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE BARN PHILL,I PROMISE TO STOP TURNING THE VOL UP WHEN I`M ON,....HA,HA,HA,......NEIL. :thumbsup:

Ey up Neil, how you doin'? Thanks for the kind words, don't know who the guest is this month now Andy can't do it. I am trying to sort it now, but it's very short notice. I just hope nobody turns up at Burnley tomorrow night. Hopefully the word will have gone around. I will try and get you on for the next one Neil, so many people wanting a spot, I keep accidently upsetting friends and it really is a thankless task. I think it was Fred Krol who played the Anetta Archibald for you.

Look forward to seeing you on the 13th mate. :lol:

Best Phil.

Hello Soulbarner, fancy seeing you on here. :yes: hope you are both well, and looking forward to seeing you both on the 13th. :D

Phil. just to say stu bennet was here on thursday and gave me a list of the sounds hes gonna play on the 13th totally blew my mind;;;;;;;;;;;; some great unknowns;;;;;;; and really superb underplayed oldies;;;;;; plus some top rarities;;;;;;;topics dream ,ray agee soultown,vernee, a fisher ,e mercury.devotions .t williams, etc etc etc,,,, best :lol: spot hes done for ages ;;; best cliff.

Im afraid Clare and I will not be attending which is a shame cos I was really looking forward to Stuart and Cliff's spots. Im not saying this because I know them personally but because they threatened to beat me up if I didn't.

I will be in Atlanta and on October 14th will be attending SHAGatlanta's Saturday night dance where I expect to have to suffer some of the worst dj spots I've heard recently. However it has to be done and hopefully I can worm my way into somebody's 45s at home and pay them peanuts for some very valuable records.

My only concern is that the term "shagging" will be bandied about rather freely which may raise unrealistic expectations on Clare's part.

ROD

Im afraid Clare and I will not be attending which is a shame cos I was really looking forward to Stuart and Cliff's spots. Im not saying this because I know them personally but because they threatened to beat me up if I didn't.

I will be in Atlanta and on October 14th will be attending SHAGatlanta's Saturday night dance where I expect to have to suffer some of the worst dj spots I've heard recently. However it has to be done and hopefully I can worm my way into somebody's 45s at home and pay them peanuts for some very valuable records.

My only concern is that the term "shagging" will be bandied about rather freely which may raise unrealistic expectations on Clare's part.

RO D

hi rod if you manage to get some very valuable records for peanuts give me a ring . you dont need to ring stu or phil as they are no longer collecting soul there into funk or something ...... so ring only me .... bye the way best of luck with the shagging/// best cliff poets ????

ROD

Rod ,

You poor, poor man. There really is nothing more frightening then the prospect of shagging with your wife :lol:

Guest Neil Taylor

Ey up Neil, how you doin'? Thanks for the kind words, don't know who the guest is this month now Andy can't do it. I am trying to sort it now, but it's very short notice. I just hope nobody turns up at Burnley tomorrow night. Hopefully the word will have gone around. I will try and get you on for the next one Neil, so many people wanting a spot, I keep accidently upsetting friends and it really is a thankless task. I think it was Fred Krol who played the Anetta Archibald for you.

Look forward to seeing you on the 13th mate. :lol:

Best Phil.

Hi phil,looking for gigs....as i`ve been banned from playing at the barn(played to many uptempo records).ha,ha,ha,ha.only joking kev mate.i would love to do the early spot at your do phil ,sometime soon.playing a few at p/bridge on the 21st oct,i think i`ve got the 10 o`clock spot...t.b.c by harry.looking foreward to the 13th in burnley,gonna be a blinding night with a great line up of fantastic d.j`s, playing some cracking tunes.phil catch up with next week mate........neil.

hi rod if you manage to get some very valuable records for peanuts give me a ring . you dont need to ring stu or phil as they are no longer collecting soul there into funk or something ...... so ring only me .... bye the way best of luck with the shagging/// best cliff poets ????

:lol: That KIND MAN OF SOUL AGAIN! Tutt tutt :yes: just how low can you sink. Don't tell me "All's fair in love & rare vinyl" :D

Hi phil,looking for gigs....would love to do the early spot at your do phil ,sometime soon.playing a few at p/bridge on the 21st oct,i think i`ve got the 10 o`clock spot...t.b.c by harry.looking foreward to the 13th in burnley,gonna be a blinding night with a great line up of fantastic d.j`s, playing some cracking tunes.phil catch up with next week mate........neil.

as i`ve been banned from playing at the barn(played to many uptempo records).ha,ha,ha,ha.only joking kev mate.i ........................... its ok im not jokeing ' your still band ranting_1.gif

Guest Neil Taylor
as i`ve been banned from playing at the barn(played to many uptempo records).ha,ha,ha,ha.only joking kev mate.i ........................... its ok im not jokeing ' your still BAND thumbsup.gif
never been in a band kev,or do you mean banned.........i`ll have to look in the events section then and see what else is on for me and mrs t to go too,seeing as i`m BAND,....ha,ha,ha,ha,
Guest Neil Taylor
you might try ' the big Hndbag ' thats up your way isnt'it?? thumbsup.gif
the big hndbag,...... :shhh: .keep firing these mis-spelt words at me,cause i can take the pi*s all day long, shadrack the pig farmer. :D
Guest Neil Taylor
its sheep ' Geordie boy!!! see you tonight :thumbsup:
looking foreward to seeing you mate......up for a laugh,with me pig farming buddy and his good lady......neil.

Phil, have you got the DJs sorted out yet?

Have been given permission to come along to play, just need a lift - so if anyone would like a little company......

Think I'm due a good old dance!

Phil, have you got the DJs sorted out yet?

Have been given permission to come along to play, just need a lift - so if anyone would like a little company......

Think I'm due a good old dance!

Hi Kirsty,

Deffo on friday will be, Alan Salisbury, Paul Harris, Stuart Bennett, Karl Heard, Cliff Camfield, Fred Krol & Phil Kowalski. Still trying to sort a guest out. :thumbsup:

Phil, I may have some sad news for you.....

Unless myself and the children make speedy recoveries then I'll not be playing out on Friday :(

I know its the highlight of the night when I turn up, resplendant in frock and heels, swirling around without a care in the world - BUT in reality my maternal instincts are much stronger than my floozieing ones :(

I'm a pretty unreliable punter these days - aren't I?

Sorry Phil, will try better next time - though the Nov and Dec dates aren't looking too great for me either sad.gif

Guest toffee lady

Phil, I may have some sad news for you.....

Unless myself and the children make speedy recoveries then I'll not be playing out on Friday wicked.gif

I know its the highlight of the night when I turn up, resplendant in frock and heels, swirling around without a care in the world - BUT in reality my maternal instincts are much stronger than my floozieing ones :lol:

I'm a pretty unreliable punter these days - aren't I?

Sorry Phil, will try better next time - though the Nov and Dec dates aren't looking too great for me either :shades:

Guest toffee lady

think you were trigger happy there darling ohmy.gif

have PM'd you anyway...

and I can see you lurking too Pauleeee

helloooooo kirsty, this is my first time on so give us a chance, just wanted to know off phil what time mr harris himself is on on friday as i wouldnt want to miss him!!!