Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Jason S

Paypal fees

Never noticed this before but found the following 'rules' in paypal's t&Cs. Does this mean that if people request gifted payment or 4% to cover using Paypal, they're breaking what Papal say is a legal agreement? :huh:

4. Receiving Money.
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Never noticed this before but found the following 'rules' in paypal's t&Cs. Does this mean that if people request gifted payment or 4% to cover using Paypal, they're breaking what Papal say is a legal agreement? :huh:

4. Receiving Money.
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

That's interesting...I knew about 4.1 but was unaware of 4.5

Why sellers can't just take account of Ebay / Paypal fees when they price their items, is beyond me.

I'll decide who my family and friends are thank you very much.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

I agree not all sellers are honest, what if it goes tits up? Normally it's the buyer who gets stiffed..Paul

as someone who sells quite a lot of records in a year id say its the opposite. 

i dont mind making feeless payments to people i know through records and on here some i dont. its only bitten me once when the guy lied about that grading and i had no recourse as i gifted the payment but luckily that tune is now worth 3 times what i paid him so a few hundred quid on whos laughing now.

part of the reason i dont want to pay these fees or other people to pay fees is that its just another blood sucking corporate getting fat off my money. the amount of money they make by simply holding your balance never benefits you as a customer. and i can assure you its frightening how much they will make. 

so, of course they will have terms stating you cant do things that will either detract from them getting a fee or detract from someone using their method of payment but f+ck them. and if i get stiffed once in while fine. rather that than getting done over a barrel every transaction i make by another faceless corporate trying to control the worlds money. 

Edited by JNixon

4. Receiving Money.

yes. 

and your spelling error is funny - these people are as evil as the catholic church!

they have everyone by the balls so keep squeezing harder as their market declines ,no competition so they do as they please .as their market declines even more they will raise their fees

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts