Guest mrs norman maine

• Replies 71
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For them thats intrested,just released i think :lol: the boffins at Kent/Ace have just knokced this togethervietnam.jpg(post-1986-1158581489_thumb.jvietnam_2.jpg(post-1986-1158581579_thumb,go get yourselfs one.

:lol:

Edited by ken
Social source share

suppose when you think about it, the subject and style reflects the changes in US public opioin thru out them years

from the early "going overseas - be faithfull" type ones all the way to the latter outright stop the war protest ones

whats the phase looking for ? backrground social commentary or something

Social source share

excuse me, but bob dylan had as much to do with hippies & vietnam as miles davis had with tiny tim, but we'd better not go there, this being a soul forum etc; there were just two 'folk albums' 62/63 containing 'finger pointing songs'. the next five or six eagle flights changed the course of popular music forever. oh' god, I went there :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Lamont Dozier - Dearest One (Melody).

Alan

This one may be about being a soldier, but it's not about the Viet Nam war. It came out in the Spring of 1962, well before that war got underway...

TONE :D

Social source share

Forget me not - Martha Reeves & Vandellas

As for Bob Dylan - might have been a songwriter but couldn't sing and if Amy Winehouse shouldn't be mentioned then neither should he. We could fill these pages with so called icons that don't do it for soul lovers so lets leave it there.

If we can have,the Modfather................we can have Dylan whistling.gif at least he had a good band.

Social source share

...Both compiled by - and one annotated by - me, incidentally. Not that I am one to brag about his work (he lied...)

There are easily enough great tunes to do a third volume, but the trouble is, most of the tunes we want for it can't be cleared for reissue due to licensing problems. The Chymes' "My Baby's Gone Away" being a case in point, I've tried to get it for both previous volumes but to no avail...

TONE blush.gif

FULL MARKS TONE ranting_1.gif 'A LETTER FROM VIETNAM' EMMANUEL LASKEY.....ACE AS IS OTHER SIDE ' MORE LOVE' :lol:

CHRIS M

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrs norman maine

J P Robinson - Our day is here (Blue Candle)

Brilliant tune about a guy getting back from the Nam.

Only ever heard Dave Taylor play this out, should def be picked up on.

Niki Golding played it last night at the very wonderful Monumental.

Tip-top. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!