Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

SWIFTY

Go Sober for October

Evening all , I was wondering if any of you know of a non alcoholic Beer that actually tastes like Beer ?

I'm doing 'Go Sober for October' for Macmillan Cancer Support , which I think you'll all agree is a great cause.

I know a lot of us have got/had :( relations and friends that have been affected in some way by this awful Illness

so I thought I would do my little bit to help such a great Charity. This not a begging message , just letting you know why

I'm asking the question re non Alcoholic Beers , I've tried a couple and they are awful , any Ideas , please :g:

I can't remember ever going 24hrs without a tipple or 3 , if you know what I mean lol but I've actually managed

a week now , which I think I last achieved when i was on remand for a week , no choice there lol ! and prior

to that I was about 14 years old , so any Ideas folks

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s Nearly raised £600 up to now from friends ,family and work colleagues so not doing bad eh?

This is a link if anyone want's to donate and if you don't that's absolutely fine , thanks for looking 

https://www.gosober.org.uk/profile/peteswift

Edited by SWIFTY

Evening all , I was wondering if any of you know of a non alcoholic Beer that actually tastes like Beer ?

I'm doing 'Go Sober for October' for Macmillan Cancer Support , which I think you'll all agree is a great cause.

I know a lot of us have got/had :( relations and friends that have been affected in some way by this awful Illness

so I thought I would do my little bit to help such a great Charity. This not a begging message , just letting you know why

I'm asking the question re non Alcoholic Beers , I've tried a couple and they are awful , any Ideas , please :g:

I can't remember ever going 24hrs without a tipple or 3 , if you know what I mean lol but I've actually managed

a week now , which I think I last achieved when i was on remand for a week , no choice there lol ! and prior

Cheers

p.s Nearly raised £600 up to now from friends ,family and work colleagues so not doing bad eh?

This is a link if anyone want's to donate and if you don't that's absolutely fine , thanks for looking 

Beats growing a dodgy 'tache next month.  Try some southern ale, it's pretty close to non alcoholic.

Cheers

Did the dry January this year, found it best to avoid any alcohol flavoured drinks, started drinking pints of lemonade with a dash of lime in, surprisingly refreshing! Lost a bit of weight as well.Managed to carry it on till the middle of April. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Perhaps you could drink Canada dry? :lol:

Just made a small donation. Couldn't do Gift Aid unfortunately as the dosh comes out of my Dutch bank account. 

Good luck - I reckon it's going to be a looooooong month!

Best wishes for this. I do my best to have 3 nights off in the week (not usually successful ) but be AF for a month is too much to bear. However on my nights off drinking sparkling water gives relief ! Ade

Perhaps you could drink Canada dry? :lol:

Just made a small donation. Couldn't do Gift Aid unfortunately as the dosh comes out of my Dutch bank account. 

Good luck - I reckon it's going to be a looooooong month!

I think at the moment I could drink North America dry as well Russell lol , Nice one mate , many thanks :hatsoff2:

Swifty:thumbsup:

Best wishes for this. I do my best to have 3 nights off in the week (not usually successful ) but be AF for a month is too much to bear. However on my nights off drinking sparkling water gives relief ! Ade

My Mrs. was thinking of moving back to her Mums for the first week and people at work were using up annual leave !!! lol !! :lol:

Swifty:thumbsup:

OK.....thank me later.

Large glass half filled with ice and a large slice of fresh lime. 

Sprig of fresh mint if you can find one (Don`t use mint sauce :rofl:)

Fill to the brim with Old Jamaica Ginger Beer.

Savour!!

While I was on my 1st 2 lots of treatment for HCV this is all I could drink at venues. 99% of places don`t sell ginger beer so I used to pack a couple of cans and a lime with me and just buy a bottle of water and a glass.......always a way :P

Edited by Steve Lane

OK.....thank me later.

Large glass half filled with ice and a large slice of fresh lime. 

Sprig of fresh mint if you can find one (Don`t use mint sauce :rofl:)

Fill to the brim with Old Jamaica Ginger Beer.

Savour!!

While I was on my 1st 2 lots of treatment for HCV this is all I could drink at venues. 99% of places don`t sell ginger beer so I used to pack a couple of cans and a lime with me and just buy a bottle of water and a glass.......always a way :P

Cheers Steve , will give it a dabble matey :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts