Vinyl cleaning fluid

Chris L

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If you mean the alcohol based one, I use it quite a lot it dissolves grease and lifts the dirt from those 'car boot' finds its quite a kick to see the brown residue on the lint free cloth as for harming the vinyl/styrene I havn't noticed any side effects yet (touch wood)

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Chris L ,the "snake oil " magic fluids do nothing more than liquid alchohol,watered down a 20th of the price just as good on your dirty car boot items,if you want that nearly new sheen,remember You Cant Polish a Turd !

Social source share

isopropyl alcohol?

Yes that's all it is.

We have had this debate many times on here. The last time someone told me I was doing it wrong and should be using Ambersil and microfibre cloths. I am always willing to learn something new and sent away for a can and a pack of top quality cloths.

What a bloody waste of money that was. It stinks to high heaven and doesn't do the job.

Hot water and fairy liquid. Make a pad out of a sheet of "Plenty" kitchen towel. Gently wash the vinyl/styrene while holding the record through the centre with two fingers, over the water, but angled down so the water drains off the record. Gently work round the playing surface, then do the other side. Have some more pieces of plenty folded in half and use these to dry the record surface. Thats it. The best way I've ever found of cleaning records. And the difference is startling. Don't forget to put the record in a brand new sleeve, because the dust in old record sleeves is microscopic and you will just get it all in the grooves again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!