At last! something positive to say about Ebay

Chris L

I've been buying and selling on Ebay on and off for I guess about 15 years and have always worked on 2 principles. When I sell I always accept returns no matter what, don't need a reason, just send it back for a full refund. When I buy I always check the fine print and item description that way there are no surprises when item arrives and if it says record has a edge crack or the B side is shagged out and doesn't play well then I know it. Bought this the other day, unfortunately I went into hospital for 2 1/2 weeks the day the record arrived so it was nearly 3 weeks before I opened package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFKUHUO3Dw&feature=youtu.be

As you can see thing doesn't play, although seller did say there was something with the run in but it did not affect play, which it quite clearly does. I contacted the seller who got all shirty and accused me of damaging it and besides I was too late he only gave a 14 day return. So when I opened a return case he closed immediately with a refusal. I didn't leave it at that I spent about 2 hours talking to Ebay and explaining everything, I always keep every communication between seller and buyer, the seller had written some pretty strange and daft things including one that said he was taking legal action, whatever that means. Anyway Ebay came out in my favour which I thought was the fairest thing. It really does look like the seller does have some protection.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've been buying and selling on Ebay on and off for I guess about 15 years and have always worked on 2 principles. When I sell I always accept returns no matter what, don't need a reason, just send it back for a full refund. When I buy I always check the fine print and item description that way there are no surprises when item arrives and if it says record has a edge crack or the B side is shagged out and doesn't play well then I know it. Bought this the other day, unfortunately I went into hospital for 2 1/2 weeks the day the record arrived so it was nearly 3 weeks before I opened package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XFKUHUO3Dw&feature=youtu.be

As you can see thing doesn't play, although seller did say there was something with the run in but it did not affect play, which it quite clearly does. I contacted the seller who got all shirty and accused me of damaging it and besides I was too late he only gave a 14 day return. So when I opened a return case he closed immediately with a refusal. I didn't leave it at that I spent about 2 hours talking to Ebay and explaining everything, I always keep every communication between seller and buyer, the seller had written some pretty strange and daft things including one that said he was taking legal action, whatever that means. Anyway Ebay came out in my favour which I thought was the fairest thing. It really does look like the seller does have some protection.

well done to you! 

Social source share

Nice to hear you got a positive result , and I hope your health is improving rapidly ..??

Another option would have been to let it spin round aimlessly for 4 to 5 minutes . . . and then sold it on for a small fortune , as a "modern classic" . . . . ( this is MY idea of humour . . . !!! ).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!