Grapevine Label

Pete S

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to add here that IMHO Mr Anderson and Co's Grapevine2000 set-up must rank as one of the strongest UK soul labels ever. Just take a look at the releases to date, all of which I have, not a duff track amongst them and interspread with lesser known, to me anyway, gems. So, a huge pat on the back from me :D and a huge cow pat in the face for the moaners :D

Social source share

Just wanted to add here that IMHO Mr Anderson and Co's Grapevine2000 set-up must rank as one of the strongest UK soul labels ever. Just take a look at the releases to date, all of which I have, not a duff track amongst them and interspread with lesser known, to me anyway, gems. So, a huge pat on the back from me  :D and a huge cow pat in the face for the moaners :D

link

I've only bought 2 of them. I didn't even know 75% of them. Weird 70's and 80's things mainly. I guess they know their market, it's obviously not the Northern scene.

Social source share

I've only bought 2 of them. I didn't even know 75% of them. Weird 70's and 80's things mainly.  I guess they know their market, it's obviously not the Northern scene.

link

I generally love the Grapevine output - pushes the edge of the envelope a bit and they seem to be bagging some very tasty recordings. The fact that I like recordings such as The Saints, Cynthia Sheeler, Tommy Tate, Ron Henderson, Norma Jean, Eddie Billups etc probably mean that you'd hate much of it Smithy :D:D

Edited by alison
Social source share

I generally love the Grapevine output - pushes the edge of the envelope a bit and they seem to be bagging some very tasty recordings. The fact that I like recordings such as The Saints, Cynthia Sheeler, Tommy Tate, Ron Henderson, Norma Jean, Eddie Billups etc probably mean that you'd hate much of it Smithy  :D   :D

link

Oh yes :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!