Vee Vee - With Or Without Permission Info

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

has anyone got any info on this tune.....has it been played out....is it known..etc..etc..

click the link for this cool tune !!!

vee vee - with or without permission

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/raresoulrecords/vee.mp3

Hi

This is an early recording by Vee Vee Allan, one of two releases on the label. Vee is the ex-wife of Na Allan, she is now days working as a school teacher in upstate Michigan. Recorded in Detroit. Sells for about £100 if you can find one. I played it for a while at the Ritz and Bretby allniters about 10years ago.

Dave

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi

This is an early recording by Vee Vee Allan, one of two releases on the label. Vee is the ex-wife of Na Allan, she is now days working as a school teacher in upstate Michigan. Recorded in Detroit. Sells for about £100 if you can find one. I played it for a while at the Ritz and Bretby allniters about 10years ago.

Dave

...As it happens, Vee recently retired from her job in the public sector, and she is currently in the early stages of making a new album (her first in 20+ years) with the rhythm section from Dr. John's road band. Althought they're no longer married, she's still friends with Na, who's also put a jazz CD out fairly recently. Worth mentioning too that her late brother was the DJ and recording artist Al Perkins, who has a ton of good records to his credit. And that Denise La Salle is her ex-sister in law!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

has anyone got any info on this tune.....has it been played out....is it known..etc..etc..

I used to hammer their other release "I'm Your Fool" but don't rate this, Did some research on them for an article, but it's on my crashed laptop. Must get those filezs some day.

If you dig hard enough, this has been chatted about before on Soul Source.

m

Social source share

loads of interesting info on the artist...at least the bird is still knocking about,i recently got this tune on a acetate and was curious about its origin...thanx for your post's...posties...

Social source share

...As it happens, Vee recently retired from her job in the public sector, and she is currently in the early stages of making a new album (her first in 20+ years) with the rhythm section from Dr. John's road band. Althought they're no longer married, she's still friends with Na, who's also put a jazz CD out fairly recently. Worth mentioning too that her late brother was the DJ and recording artist Al Perkins, who has a ton of good records to his credit. And that Denise La Salle is her ex-sister in law!

Nice Jazz LP and it has a cool remake of one of the sides of his Pedestal 45. Met him 2 years ago at Denise's home, real nice guy.

Social source share

======================

If only my family was as soulful! Great artist Vee Allen - Her Lion 45s are well worth having tucked away in the collection:

Cheating Is A No No b/w Can I (LION140) - Great double sider - Can I has that superb ' vulnerable ' femme slant.

Short memory here - but wasn't there a great article in the last Shades Of Soul?

Rich

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

======================

If only my family was as soulful! Great artist Vee Allen - Her Lion 45s are well worth having tucked away in the collection:

Cheating Is A No No b/w Can I (LION140) - Great double sider - Can I has that superb ' vulnerable ' femme slant.

Short memory here - but wasn't there a great article in the last Shades Of Soul?

Rich

Yes, there was. But I actually got my info straight from Vee, with whom I've been corresponding for some time.

She's a very underrated songwriter, too - she wrote a lot of those great Hot Sauce records on Volt (e.g. "Bring It Home", "Good Woman Turning Bad") and a number of Al Hudson and One Way's earliest hits. Her album on MCA is worth picking up at a reasonable price if you see it anywhere...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!