Gene Woodbury / Never again

Mal C

Well we discuss prices on here all the time, we all act surprised, chew the cud about whether its worth it, moan about the price, highlight those with endless wallets, decide we should give up collecting, Please strike out those that are not applicable.

So you can imagine my internal thoughts at seeing Gene Woodbury this morning at £800, not a mint one either! I bought and sold a mint one two years back from this site and to somebody on this site, paid £250, sold for £250....  I know I dont go out on the 'Scene' and all that, but how the hell is it worth £800?

Malcolm

Social source share

£800 is ambitious but looking at recent sales on here and EBay it's a £4-500 45.

Judging from description in ad the VG+ grade may be a "keeping on the safe side" approach.

ROD

Yes Rod thanks, it has one long mark that you can't hear, so I graded it harshly to avoid later problems. I did research the record, I've owned for over 30 years, played it out about twice, and £800 might be a tad strong but the choice to buy it or not is up to the individual.

dean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Bought mine from Kev Draper in 1983 for £5!  Sold it 10 years later - can't remember what for, but nowhere near any three-figure sum!  If I knew then what I knew now...............

Nobody really wanted it for £5 or £10 pounds back in the day never in demand

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!