Paula Parfitt Love is Wonderful

Matt

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

I've got one of these from when I were a lad but back then I didn't appreciate the original vs pressing thing.......it was just a record containing a song I'd heard and liked.  Consequently I have a box of records where in some cases I don't know whether what I have is original or not!

Sorry to hijack your thread, as it won't help you as i probably wouldn't sell anyway, but how do you definitively tell an original from a boot, and how much do each fetch anyway?

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Thanks Mark R

The original is a solid centre with anti slip milling around the edge and stamped. I think in this market it would be between £250 to £300 for one in excellent/near mint condition, Manship values it at £150 in his British Price Guide. I have a boot of it which I play at home , but would like an original to dj with. All the best..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

if hes had it since he was a lad then I would imagine its an original as the boot was pressed fairly recently. And if Mark R doesn't play it then perhaps it should go to a good home

Well I'd certainly better check it out!  I'm just not a good seller.......hate letting records go!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

isn't there a late 70s boot of this. Sure I had one but memory a funny thing. 

I have a boot on the Beacon label which doesn't have a solid centre-  I think it may have been a 7t's boot- it's definitely not an original- would love a proper one to play out.. thanks for your interest in the record.

Social source share

isn't there a late 70s boot of this. Sure I had one but memory a funny thing. 

Now you're dashing my hopes! LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

I have a boot on the Beacon label which doesn't have a solid centre-  I think it may have been a 7t's boot- it's definitely not an original- would love a proper one to play out.. thanks for your interest in the record.

I suspect mine must not have a solid centre then......must have a look tonight though! :-)

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Now you're dashing my hopes! LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

I suspect mine must not have a solid centre then......must have a look tonight though! :-)

Cheers,

Mark R

Yes the boots sound fine and are quite rare in their own right- hope your copy is an original so that you can either gaze at it in amazement or sell it to help with Xmas !! lol..

Edited by Matt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

theres a boot with a solid centre too.... it doesnt have the anti skate or the matrix number stamped in tho..easy to tell...both this and the cut out centre were done in the 70s

ps an orig  copy went over 400 recently.... sold mine 20 yrs years ago.....never seen any demos of this..did beacon do them

thanks for the memories

Social source share

Yes the boots sound fine and are quite rare in their own right- hope your copy is an original so that you can either gaze at it in amazement or sell it to help with Xmas !! lol..

Hi Matt,

The news is, as I suspected, my copy of PP is not going to make me a rich man! LOL  US jukebox centred 45 I'm afraid!

Happy hunting mate! :-)

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

theres a boot with a solid centre too.... it doesnt have the anti skate or the matrix number stamped in tho..easy to tell...both this and the cut out centre were done in the 70s

ps an orig  copy went over 400 recently.... sold mine 20 yrs years ago.....never seen any demos of this..did beacon do them

thanks for the memories

Thanks Dave for that.. good info..

Social source share