New releases Autumn / Winter '15..Warmers and Chillers

Scotters

Thanks so much to all contributors on the last 6 months "new releases" thread! ..what a fantastic year it's been for brand new soul and previously unreleased recordings, all different styles and tempos.

With so much still to look forward to (and me no longer able to access the last thread with my old Mac or iPad for some reason:glare:) I thought I'd start another runner to cover the darker nights, which in addition to the front page new releases (thanks Mike!), all the amazing new soul that Gouch keeps feeding me, the superb radio shows & playlists for new releases by likes of Steve G, Mick O'Donnell, Mark Merry etc to name but a few, gives another source of new vinyl, cd and MP3 only things for lazy explorers like me to soak up. Thanks gents.

The amazing prev unreleased Dee Dee Warwick dancer "You tore my wall down" b/w "Can't it wait until tomorrow" from the Complete Atco Recordings cd of last year soon gets a 45 release through Soul Junction, so finally more of us will hopefully get to hear those out more. https://souljunctionrecords.co.uk/SJ533.html

This month so far been enjoying the new Andre Lee, Nicole Willis and Grace Love CDs in the car...handy 45 vinyl releases already from both albums this year, just love this track from the Grace Love and True Loves album and another 45 from the Nicole Willis album out later this week "Let's communicate"..

The amazing prev unreleased Dee Dee Warwick dancer "You tore my wall down" b/w "Can't it wait until tomorrow" from the Complete Atco Recordings cd of last year soon gets a 45 release through Soul Junction, so finally more of us will hopefully get to hear those out more.

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Great thread!   There's so much great modern soul to enjoy at present.

Greg Dean's 'Unconditional Love' just released on Dome Records is going to be big I think:

From their album of this year, I'm enjoying this from Foreign Exchange featuring Carmen Rodgers that has dance floor appeal:

A nice version of a classic by Tony Momrelle on his new album:

Edited by ThinkSmart
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I won't clog up the thread with more Youtube videos but some other recent songs to audition at Youtube that aren't on UK compilations are:

Tina Campbell featuring Stevie Wonder - Love Love Love (fantastic but the YouTube upload isn't the best quality)

Mather & Kingdom - Hold On

The Soul Surfers - You Can Run (But You Can't Hide) From My Love

Maysa - Back 2 Love (from album of the same name)

Tracy Hamlin featuring Frank McComb - My Good Day (from new album No Limits)

Sound samples and downloads at Amazon and the download service of your choice.

I notice Chante Moore on two of the tracks above!

Thanks

Mark

Edited by ThinkSmart
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Agree that the entire Foreign Exchange “Milk and Honey” CD is brilliant. My best of 2015 so far.

The Terri Lynn Carrington CD is also superb with many great guest vocalists including Chaka Khan, Ledisi and Chante Moore.

I’m also loving

Walter Beasley – Music

Par-Le – Exclusive

JD73 – Make Your Move CD

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The SouLutions album is out on CD but seems quite expensive.  The dancefloor oriented songs seem to be on compilations so I haven't bought it yet, though I will at some point.  Not seen anything recently about a new 45.

I must sort the Suffers album support, I enjoyed the EP earlier this year.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's how you can get behind the debut album from The Suffers for anyone interested. The four track disc from last year was superb and I think one of the best ep's this last year or so, hopefully the album will contain some equally great soul.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thesuffers/the-suffers-are-releasing-their-debut-album

Did the Suffers EP get a vinyl release Steve?

Social source share

Don't know if I'm off topic...but did anyone know anything 'bout new SouLutions 45 rpm? It was expected to come out long time ago if I'm not wrong...

Yes been meaning to chase that up after pre-ordering earlier this year...hopefully when it does come out it'll have the Drizabone treatment or something like, to differentiate it from the album version. Still showing on their website as available with an August release date, but can't see any mention of it on their FB page recently. Might be worth someone asking Paul Mooney as he's behind the album and to be fair looks like they've been busy touring. 

Social source share

Did the Suffers EP get a vinyl release Steve?

Hi Jordi, no just cd and download through Bandcamp I think. Guessing all tracks will be on the album though, which is pre-order on vinyl and may also get general release hopefully. Looking forward to hearing from you on any good new soul releases you pick up to share on here:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

For those who like things a bit deeper now and then....Another new 45 from Timmion Records in a week or so from the amazing Willie West "I'm still a man (Lord have mercy)", which didn't make his album last year.

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

....and finally so pleased this has been officially released this month, after first hearing Brian Goucher and one or two other lucky few play it out and about this last couple of years... R&R Soul Orchestra - "I'm gonna tell her".. Just superb I think! The rest of the album great too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The James Hunter Six - Heartbreak b/w If Only I knew

From a couple of years ago, but close your eyes and this could be forty years old.........out now on a Daptone 7'', 100 clear vinyl copies for those that are quick............

Edited by ajb
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On 25/10/2015, 21:30:59, 71 Steve said:

From Super Disco Edits, out later this November comes part two of the previously unreleased tracks by James Reese and The Progressions. Pre-order now from their website. Lovely stuff:thumbsup:

https://superdiscoedits.bigcartel.com/product/pre-order-james-reese-and-the-progressions-fool-for-love-no-more-najma

The Afrika 7" is super cool! Can't wait...

Social source share

brooklyn funk essentials - funk ain't ova

nice album, infact  very nice. well worth checking out..........................

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/brooklyn-funk-essentials-funk-aint-ova/586891-01/?utm_campaign=alert_auto_email&utm_source=auto_email_jr&utm_content=new_release&utm_medium=alert_cover_art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8zJWcgnro

Edited by ajb
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just pre-ordered this new LP by Nigel Hall "Ladies & Gentlemen" after getting hooked on this track the last few weeks. Catchy little number here "Never gonna let you go", similar to Raphael Saadiq's hit of a few years back...Some other excellent tracks on the album too I think. 

Good interview here too:thumbsup:...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd61Lpsw02c

Edited by 71 Steve
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!