Winnie :-)

Just had a call

This happened last week as well so I'm trying to make those not aware, aware.

Got a call from someone telling me that my IP address had been replicated so my computer was now corrupted. The callers said they were from "windows". I asked for more identification, they had my name and address. Thought it sounded iffy so told them to bugger off. They said they'd sort it for a nominal fee (100/200 quid) and if I didn't do it, they'd turn off my computer from their end. I told them to go ahead. To date it's still working. Contacted my B.I.L. who's a systems architect (basically a computer boffin) he looked into it and it's a scam.

This happened last week as well so I'm trying to make those not aware, aware.

Got a call from someone telling me that my IP address had been replicated so my computer was now corrupted. The callers said they were from "windows". I asked for more identification, they had my name and address. Thought it sounded iffy so told them to bugger off. They said they'd sort it for a nominal fee (100/200 quid) and if I didn't do it, they'd turn off my computer from their end. I told them to go ahead. To date it's still working. Contacted my B.I.L. who's a systems architect (basically a computer boffin) he looked into it and it's a scam.

I've had quite a few of these calls Win.  I just tell them I either haven't got a computer, ask them which one of the six computers in the house has the problem, or tell them I've got a Mac.  Either of those replies normally stops them in their tracks.  That's if I'm in a good mood.  Alternatively I just tell them to piss off.  

Edited by Steve S 60

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.