Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Winnie :-)

Just had a call

This happened last week as well so I'm trying to make those not aware, aware.

Got a call from someone telling me that my IP address had been replicated so my computer was now corrupted. The callers said they were from "windows". I asked for more identification, they had my name and address. Thought it sounded iffy so told them to bugger off. They said they'd sort it for a nominal fee (100/200 quid) and if I didn't do it, they'd turn off my computer from their end. I told them to go ahead. To date it's still working. Contacted my B.I.L. who's a systems architect (basically a computer boffin) he looked into it and it's a scam.

This happened last week as well so I'm trying to make those not aware, aware.

Got a call from someone telling me that my IP address had been replicated so my computer was now corrupted. The callers said they were from "windows". I asked for more identification, they had my name and address. Thought it sounded iffy so told them to bugger off. They said they'd sort it for a nominal fee (100/200 quid) and if I didn't do it, they'd turn off my computer from their end. I told them to go ahead. To date it's still working. Contacted my B.I.L. who's a systems architect (basically a computer boffin) he looked into it and it's a scam.

I've had quite a few of these calls Win.  I just tell them I either haven't got a computer, ask them which one of the six computers in the house has the problem, or tell them I've got a Mac.  Either of those replies normally stops them in their tracks.  That's if I'm in a good mood.  Alternatively I just tell them to piss off.  

Edited by Steve S 60

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts