Meeting record dealers in NYC

Rbman

Last few days of my current stay in NYC and recovering from a heavy day on the beer watching the football and then rushing across Midtown to the west side to meet Dave Withers in a dive bar of his choosing to talk about record collecting/ dealing and his Stafford DJing days.

I had met Dave for the first time the previous week at Subway Soul Club night near Times Square although only at about 3.30am and I think we were both a bit worse for wear!  We however agreed to meet up and talk about all things soul. Of most interest was the Robb K / Rod Shard / TOTW Motown story.......could make a short book on that......

the previous week I met up with Greg Tormo at the Port Authority  bus terminal and caught a bus to Hoboken and was treated to a six pack of Newcastle Brown Ale great records on his twin deck set up and look through 100 of records. Great hospitality..........fantastic stories.

More to follow..........

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

looks like a real thriving scene over there . read about some of Dave's  record hunting adventures on various sites and blogs. some fantastic stories. living the dream ! but maybe the reality is a bit different. first time I heard the originals - suspicion Dave played it twice at Manchester tiffanys all nighter . still in my top ten. not keen on the speeded up mix though .1982 ? look forward to the follow up stories.

shorty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!