Bury 8th Anniversary Allnighter

8th Anniversary

Friday 20th October - Bury Town Hall - 8pm til 6AM - Two Rooms

DJ's include:

Neil Jones, Ginger Taylor, Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Sean Chapman, Barry Maleady,

Molly, Dave Rivers, Mark Grice, Sean Livesey, Mick Howard, Andre Minta, "The Sink team", Dave Byrne, Brian Crossley & Guests!!.

Adm £10 OTD - for info: northmanchestersc@hotmail.com

0161 7669086 Neil / 0161 7241615 Jayne.

I really can't believe it's 8 years since this madness began!. LOL :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

Edited by burysoul
  • Replies 60
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stash313

This should be a fantastic night,

the all-nighters are always one of the highlights of the year at Bury and with such a quality lineup this time around should be no different....

We play Man Utd the day after at a 12.45 kick off, think I'll just stay up! :lol:

This should be a fantastic night,

the all-nighters are always one of the highlights of the year at Bury and with such a quality lineup this time around should be no different....

We play Man Utd the day after at a 12.45 kick off, think I'll just stay up! :lol:

nah,just get your head down,but make a mental note of the premiership table with you three more points adrift of us :yes: over four weeks to go and the jibes have started already :lol:

Mick

Guest matt tees

8th Anniversary

DJ's include:

Molly, Dave Rivers, Mark Grice, Sean Livesey, Mick Howard, Andre Minta, "The Sink team", Dave Byrne, Brian Crossley & Guests!!.

I really can't believe it's 8 years since this madness began!. LOL :lol:

Jayne.x.

Really looking forward to my first visit in nearly 3 years, gettin excited!!!!!!!!!

Guest stash313

nah,just get your head down,but make a mental note of the premiership table with you three more points adrift of us :lol: over four weeks to go and the jibes have started already :lol:

Mick

Sod that mate!

Never miss a game, you should know that! :yes:

Guest stash313

Just a quick one on this, lots of people over the weekend wanting to know if they needed tickets for the up-coming Niter at Bury in October.

No tickets are needed, its pay on the door but get yourselves down there early, because the all-nighters are always a packer even more so with the two roomer this year.

Plus who would want to miss a minute of such a quality DJ line up, me and Neil exempt of course. :lol:

See you in a few weeks!

Edited by stash313
Guest stash313

nah,just get your head down,but make a mental note of the premiership table with you three more points adrift of us :( over four weeks to go and the jibes have started already :yes:

Mick

Actually just had a look and its Man City at home, may have a chance of 3 points then. :lol:

Guest Marcelle

Won't be able to make this one due to playing a few tunes over in Milan that weekend, hope it's a blinding night, should be a packer, will give it a mention over the next couple of weeks on the show, hope it helps.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Milan .... well you lucky man :yes: not sure if we will make it either as we will be in DARWEN .... :lol:

Marcelle xx

Guest stash313

Won't be able to make this one due to playing a few tunes over in Milan that weekend, hope it's a blinding night, should be a packer, will give it a mention over the next couple of weeks on the show, hope it helps.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Bury or Milan!

Which would you choose? lol, have a good one Mark.

You might struggle to get Stella over there mate, you may have to alternate on to this

per.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update on this one - as people keep asking me about this 2nd room.

The music policy is pretty open in there, we've got everything from early 6T's sound from Andre and The Sink Guys thru to Mark Grice's Crossover and 7T's set with loads of rare/lesser played & forgotten sounds...anything that's good quality & different goes!. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

Bit of an update on this one - as people keep asking me about this 2nd room.

The music policy is pretty open in there, we've got everything from early 6T's sound from Andre and The Sink Guys thru to Mark Grice's Crossover and 7T's set with loads of rare/lesser played & forgotten sounds...anything that's good quality & different goes!. :thumbsup:

Jayne.x.

yes I'm sure my set will blend seamlessly into Mr Grices selections :D Mick
Guest stash313

Should be a top night, really am looking forward to this.

Trust GMP pushing forward our kick off to 12.45 the next day so I can't get any sleep thanks a lot whistling.gif

Guest stash313

Just over a week to go on this one, it truly is going to be a mega night and a credit to both Jayne & Neil that the venue is still so sucessful after 8 years when other venues lately have fallen by the wayside.

So hopefully we'll see lots of you down or up (depending on your geographic persuasion) there on the 20th.

In the meantime any requests?

Musically of course... :-))))

Guest stash313

STEADY ON !!!!!!!! I'LL COME AND HECKLE YOU !!!!!! YOU UP FOR WEEKEND ??? FEW THINGS ON...IF NOT CU IN SUNNY BURY MATEY.

CPTN M :D

Hey if you're feeling adventurous and are making a weekend of it why not take in Wigan v Man City on the saturday.

You wouldn't even have to go to sleep with a 12.45 kick off :yes:

Loads of tickets left not suprised with our chairman's new pricing structure... :yes:

Hey if you're feeling adventurous and are making a weekend of it why not take in Wigan v Man City on the saturday.

You wouldn't even have to go to sleep with a 12.45 kick off :D

Loads of tickets left not suprised with our chairman's new pricing structure... :yes:

CITY WILL SEND YOU TO SLEEP SEAN........SORRY GRANT !!!!!!!! :yes:
Guest stash313

CITY WILL SEND YOU TO SLEEP SEAN........SORRY GRANT !!!!!!!! :yes:

Well we'll be okay then!

We payed them on boxing day last year and it was one of the best games I saw last year an epic 4-3 win for the mighty Wigan Athletic

8th Anniversary

DJ's include:

I really can't believe it's 8 years since this madness began!. LOL thumbsup.gif

Jayne.x.

only five days to go,for a special event,really looking forward to this friday,blowing the dust off a few quality 60's/70's choons for the old playbox,hope to see a few of you down there

Mick

PS Sean 3-1 "easy,easy"

Guest stash313

Now, now Mick we managed to outplay you for 45 minutes, at least we can take that.

As Paul Jewell said losing to Man Utd, isn't going to shape our season but if we don't pick up some results soon we're going to struggle.

The second season is always harder and its bound to be expected with the amount of new players in the side, you just hope that they would have settled in by now.

whistling.gif

At least Mr Baines is doing us justice ... baines_leighton_wafc_profile_2006.jpg

Now, now Mick we managed to outplay you for 45 minutes, at least we can take that.

As Paul Jewell said losing to Man Utd, isn't going to shape our season but if we don't pick up some results soon we're going to struggle.

The second season is always harder and its bound to be expected with the amount of new players in the side, you just hope that they would have settled in by now.

:thumbsup:

At least Mr Baines is doing us justice ... baines_leighton_wafc_profile_2006.jpg

agreed,but it was comfortable in the end,great strike from baines,but deffo a penalty for the foul on giggs :yes:

8th Anniversary

DJ's include:

I really can't believe it's 8 years since this madness began!. LOL :unsure:

Jayne.x.

Heard Mr Bicknell going through the DJ rosta for this landmark event on the Soul Shack on Sunday and I thought 'Bloody hell that's a line up and a half'. I'm hounoured to be in such company.

It looks like it's gonna be a storming night, the last nighter down there was fantastic. If you've never been to Bury make the effort on Friday cause you really will see the venue at it's best.

8th Anniversary

DJ's include:

I really can't believe it's 8 years since this madness began!. LOL yes.gif

Jayne.x.

HI JAYNE LOVE BURY BEEN AT THE LAST 3 OR 4 TOP NIGHT ANY CHANGE OF A POST CODE OR A STREET NAME PLEASE MISS. BILLY :unsure:

Be good to see you again Billy, been a while.

Postcode for route purposes, is BL9 0SW

Cheers Sean. Looking forward to seeing you Billy, not seen you since New year!

Jayne.x.

Guest matt tees

STEADY ON !!!!!!!! I'LL COME AND HECKLE YOU !!!!!! YOU UP FOR WEEKEND ??? FEW THINGS ON...IF NOT CU IN SUNNY BURY MATEY.

CPTN M whistling.gif

Ships ahoy Captain Birds Eye, will be staying at Neils and then onto to Stoke on Sat, it will be good to see you, you old sea DOG!!!! The buzz is BIG, everybody talking about thos one!! A massive well done to Neil and Jayne for 8 years! well done you two. Nothing to be said about Grimsby Town FC (They are not fishing anymore, Crawley Town (next season) here we come

Ships ahoy Captain Birds Eye, will be staying at Neils and then onto to Stoke on Sat, it will be good to see you, you old sea DOG!!!! The buzz is BIG, everybody talking about thos one!! A massive well done to Neil and Jayne for 8 years! well done you two. Nothing to be said about Grimsby Town FC (They are not fishing anymore, Crawley Town (next season) here we come

YOU GET AROUND MATEY....SHAPING UP TO BE A TOP WEEKEND, BURY AND GREATSTONE FOR US.....YOU UP FOR MIDDLETON AGAIN?? I'M SPINNING A FEW THERE FOR CARL & MARIA.....CU FRIDAY whistling.gif
Guest stash313

Dear me are the fishy people struggling this year? You were on fire last year wasn't you, what happened to that Congo midfielder/striker?

Guest matt tees

Dear me are the fishy people struggling this year? You were on fire last year wasn't you, what happened to that Congo midfielder/striker?

Last years manager went to yeovil and took him plus keeper and half of the others left, sad times on the pontoon. Sod that can't wait for Friday and get some Sole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sean.

Really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing you .

Jayne.x.

Jayne, Neil, Sean and all, have a banging night, i'll be thinking of you when i'm in Milan...lol, i gave it a big mention on the show over the last couple of weeks so hope it helps, as Barry said superb DJ line up the music should be first class, hope to be there behind the decks sometime soon, always love the buzz there...top night, well done for lasting eight soul filled years.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Now where's me plane ticket...lol

Jayne, Neil, Sean and all, have a banging night, i'll be thinking of you when i'm in Milan...lol, i gave it a big mention on the show over the last couple of weeks so hope it helps, as Barry said superb DJ line up the music should be first class, hope to be there behind the decks sometime soon, always love the buzz there...top night, well done for lasting eight soul filled years.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Now where's me plane ticket...lol

Thanks Mark, really appreciated, as ever!.

Have a great time in Milan.

Jayne.x.

There is a limited anniversary CD available to the 1st 100 people....

Jayne.x.

and whilst I remember: as things stand (and I'm sure they'll change....)

Northern Room:

8-9 Neil Jones

9-10 Sean Livesey

10-11 Dave Rivers

11-12 Barry Maleady

12-1am Sean Chapman

1-2am Bob Hinsley

2-3am Ginger Taylor

3-4am Soul Sam

4-5am Molly

5-6am Neil Jones

Upstairs:

8.30-9.30 Andre Minta

9.30-10.30 Brian Crossley

10.30-11.30 Mick Howard

11.30-12.30 Mark Grice

12.30-1.30am Neil Jones

1.30-2.30am Dave Byrne

2.30 - 4.45am Stan/Patrick & Peter (Sink team)

4.45 - End Andre Minta

Guest stash313

Yeah but Bury's a complicated place. Although Steve lives in Bury and has been to the Town Hall before I bet he couldn't find it again. LOL

Hell I come form the wonderful driving world of Wigan and find it difficult.

Nah seriously hope to see you friday Steve.

Guest stash313

Hi,

Am coming to Bury Niter this week. Is there a CD again?

Thanks

Just got the tracklisting through for the anniversary cd. Its a cracker, something for everyone northern and crossover wise.

So makesure you get down early to get your hands on one, remember they're limited to a 100 so we assume they'll be gone pretty early. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Am curerntly burning the midnight oil getting the anniversary CDs sorted for Friday night and as I do so I'm playing it back through to myself - and if I say so meself, it's a great cross-section of tuneage and has sommat for everyone - be there early to secure your copy. I'm only doing 100 or I'll go totally f***in hatstand in the process.....

While I been sat here, the phone has been ringing off the bloody hook with folks asking if they need tickets so here it is again......

Bury Town Hall 8th Anniversary All-Niter

Friday October 20th 2006 - 8pm - 6am

DJs include - Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Barry Maleady, Sean Chapman, Ginger Taylor, Molly, Dave Rivers, Flanny, Andre Minta, Stan Evans & The Sink Team, Dave Byrne, Neil Jones , Sean Livesey, Mick Howard & many more.....

20+ DJs across two rooms playing everything from Current Niter Rarities, Northern Soul Classics, X-Over, 70's and RnB - in fact, something for everyone!!!

Free anniversary gift to 1st 100 thru the door.

Balcony overlooking the main ballroom is home to a plethora of record dealers who have already booked tables + whoever else turns up

Admission is £10 - PAY ON THE DOOR, NO TICKETS REQUIRED.

Check out www.geocities.com/northmanchestersoulclub

Or, gis a bell - 0161 766 9086. I'll be here til 3'ish in the morning doing CDs and would welcome a natter with anyone planning to come who wants to know more.

See you at Bury on Friday night,

Neil :thumbsup: