Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

tlscapital

Holly Maxwell 'only lonely' WD boot ???

I don't pay close attention to this record on the evilBay since I have mine and it's fine like that. I just had a closer peek at an "high end" price and I thought remembering that it was a bootleg. The typos are nor right for any Constellation 45s. Now I'm in doubt. Could it be a "strange/odd" release ? I saw that quite a few of those sold on the evilBay for what I think were like it's "the real deal". Did it fool a lot of people then ? A lot were sold from the USAs... All perfect condition... So maybe a boot done for another scene than the NS ? Anyone knows better ?

the bizarre, then the real demo and the real issue (flat logo design)

561f75f790101_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__  561f74c48b7a4_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__  561f74f33380a_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__

Edited by tlscapital

About 10 Years ago or so I bought some records out of a guys house in the New York area, who was involved in the area's "Jamaican" scene. He had multiple copies of certain "reissues" - Whether he was involved in making them is open to speculation, but titles that spring to mind were

Johnny Dunn - You're Hanging Me Up - Veep

Sonny Childe - Giving Up On Love - Mate

Benny Latimore - Rain From The Skies - Blade

Jones Brothers - That's All Over Baby - Seel

Roy Hamilton - Let The Music Play - Kent 

Holly Maxwell - Only When You're Lonely - Constellation

.......and i'm sure there were other titles!! As they aren't "obvious" Northern titles and weren't done in massive amounts, I'm sure a few have been passed off as originals over here over the years, especially as they're now starting to look a little  "aged"

Des

Edited by SOUL INC

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts