Holly Maxwell 'only lonely' WD boot ???

Tlscapital

I don't pay close attention to this record on the evilBay since I have mine and it's fine like that. I just had a closer peek at an "high end" price and I thought remembering that it was a bootleg. The typos are nor right for any Constellation 45s. Now I'm in doubt. Could it be a "strange/odd" release ? I saw that quite a few of those sold on the evilBay for what I think were like it's "the real deal". Did it fool a lot of people then ? A lot were sold from the USAs... All perfect condition... So maybe a boot done for another scene than the NS ? Anyone knows better ?

the bizarre, then the real demo and the real issue (flat logo design)

561f75f790101_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__  561f74c48b7a4_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__  561f74f33380a_Capture_dcran_2015-10-15__

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

About 10 Years ago or so I bought some records out of a guys house in the New York area, who was involved in the area's "Jamaican" scene. He had multiple copies of certain "reissues" - Whether he was involved in making them is open to speculation, but titles that spring to mind were

Johnny Dunn - You're Hanging Me Up - Veep

Sonny Childe - Giving Up On Love - Mate

Benny Latimore - Rain From The Skies - Blade

Jones Brothers - That's All Over Baby - Seel

Roy Hamilton - Let The Music Play - Kent 

Holly Maxwell - Only When You're Lonely - Constellation

.......and i'm sure there were other titles!! As they aren't "obvious" Northern titles and weren't done in massive amounts, I'm sure a few have been passed off as originals over here over the years, especially as they're now starting to look a little  "aged"

Des

Edited by SOUL INC
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert