mike

Event Guide - Trial of default weekly display

Trialling a change to the default event view

Rather than display all the current months events on one page when visiting the event guide  going to trial having the weekly view as the default

The thinking is that this should allow a more "instant" view of upcoming events that is both easier to read/navigate and more informative than the current monthly one

You can 'click' back to the monthly view if wish to view

Am going to switch it on shortly and see how it goes over the weekend

As always (dont believe the hype) feedback/views/thoughts etc all most welcome and appreciated 

please post any below...

Much better, being as there are so many events to trawl through - Hey, I wonder how long it will be until you have to make it a daily view :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

Edited by LEN

thanks for passing on Len always appreciated 

there's a few bits of sorting out still ongoing 
the phone display event background and the scroll to today are the main offenders

but overall the weekly view as default seems to be working well from here

the index pages loads faster
can display more at a glance info - town, country etc etc
the hover boxes work better as now more space
the sorting of event displays has been improved - now by event type and then by date of post , first in at the top
mobile view/layout  has been improved so should be  better event guide view

will post when the 2 main outstanding bits have been sorted

mike

Edited by mike

It looks good.  I like the Area/Town listed on the right to spot local events at a glance. Also like colour codes for different events and similar events grouped together.

Easy to switch to monthly view if preferred.

All I need to do now is start getting out more!!!!!!!

just logged in and as always check the events guide.what a difference this is,well done mike,its a lot better and more detail at a glance.good stuff.

dave o'neill

HI MIKE,

I liked the adjustment you made to the monthly event page where the majority of events could be viewed in one block and the weekly view is great.

All I can say is WIN WIN.

ROY

thanks are owned to you Roy as it was your suggestion that led us down the weekly default road :thumbsup:

I very much like the new layout where you can see at a glance location of the soul night. Like Joan said would be good if when you clicked on next week it would return to the top of the page.

Mick Perrins.

the calendar part of the page works a bit different on modern desktop browsers than phones, the 'next week' buttons on them are static and frame and move with the scrolling list
which means that I don't really want to change the coding there

though to make it easier I have added a 'to top' link close 

the minor phone layout issue should now be resolved and the 'to today' link will be added later this weekend

so far all seems well and if stays that way looking at keeping this format as default

thanks for all the views/feedback, always appreciated

mike

Edited by mike

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.