TheBigO

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:D Can anyone give me idea on current values for the following:

Roosevelt Matthews - You got me digging you (King issue) * edge warp but plays fine

John Wesley - Loves a funny thing

Allan sisters - Downtown Crowd (White Test pressing)

ta

link

Have seen Roosevelt Matthews for £500 plus...as high as £750. I'm sure Derek Pearson had one for sale a while back, try the sales section on here to see if you can find it.

John Wesley Smityh dunno for sure, rare piece, £1000+

Allan Sisters..is that a legit test press (studio acetate) or a cut/emidisc?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Have seen Roosevelt Matthews  for £500 plus...as high as £750. I'm sure Derek Pearson had one for sale a while back, try the sales section on here to see if you can find it.

John Wesley Smityh dunno for sure, rare piece, £1000+

Allan Sisters..is that a legit test press (studio acetate) or a cut/emidisc?

link

Know the funk brothers wanted the Roosevelt 45 a while back

Interesting on the JW, may well put it up for auction now

Allan Sisters is a legit test pressing, had it for donkey years, got for around £200. Value now?

Cheers Chalky for the info to date

Social source share

It depends on who is buying and so on.

Roosevelt Mathews I'd reckon £400 - £700, even if I personally consider £700 too much. There were a few copies on ebay maybe a year or more ago and they went in the £350 - £450 bracket unless I'm going senile.

John Wesley £700 - £1000 maybe.

Allan Sisters, I have no idea, £200 maybe if it's the real deal. Does anyone want this now, I thought this was very much a fad sound, at least that's what I have been hoping for :D .

Just speculating remember, they might sell for a zillion, what do I know...

Social source share

It depends on who is buying and so on.

Roosevelt Mathews I'd reckon £400 - £700, even if I personally consider £700 too much. There were a few copies on ebay maybe a year or more ago and they went in the £350 - £450 bracket unless I'm going senile.

John Wesley £700 - £1000 maybe.

Allan Sisters, I have no idea, £200 maybe if it's the real deal. Does anyone want this now, I thought this was very much a fad sound, at least that's what I have been hoping for :D .

Just speculating remember, they might sell for a zillion, what do I know...

link

Gotta agree with £700 being too much for RM Christian. I would go with my first estimate of £500 as that is I'm sure the last price I saw one sold for. One did go for just under a $1000 on evil bay some months ago.

John Wesley I'd certainly rate higher than £700 and if I had one I don't think I'd consider much less than a grand for it (all IMHO).

Allan Sisters tricky one to price. I'd probably be tempted to auction with a reserve of what you think it's worth Big O.

Social source share

Gotta agree with £700 being too much for RM Christian.  I would go with my first estimate of £500 as that is I'm sure the last price I saw one sold for.  One did go for just under a $1000 on evil bay some months ago.

John Wesley I'd certainly rate higher than £700 and if I had one I don't think I'd consider much less than a grand for it (all IMHO).

Allan Sisters tricky one to price.  I'd probably be tempted to auction with a reserve of what you think it's worth Big O.

link

Ta very much to all for the help. looks like I will have to place them on evail bay and see what they get.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!