100 Club 27th Anniv - Sold Out

• Replies 62
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Who else is joining us then....

Any one got any hincklings what the single will be......lets see any one who guess's it i'll buy them a beer*

*NB one beer for the first person to guess correct and can only be claimed after the anniversery and you have to be in attendance on the night in question no out side guess's will count :lol:

P.S hope you dont mind us having guessing game Ady :lol:

Edited by Baz

Who else is joining us then....

Any one got any hincklings what the single will be......lets see any one who guess's it i'll buy them a beer*

I will be there,really looking forward to this.Picking Mr Hullat up first in Bedford then on to Luton Talk of the South for a pre-100club warm up :lol: and to listen to Cliff Steele and Rob Kay spin a few choons.

My guess would be Milton Bennett-"Whats one more lie" with The Charmaines on the flip :yes: or is that just wishful thinking ?

Molly

*NB one beer for the first person to guess correct and can only be claimed after the anniversery and you have to be in attendance on the night in question no out side guess's will count :huh:

P.S hope you dont mind us having guessing game Ady :lol:

Guess away folks but nobody knows until 1.30 am Sat night, ask Roger Stewart, he tried at Kent but it's TOP SECRET!

And top tunes too.

eh up ady

as i have never been to an anniversary what is the usual score on the 45s. are they unknowns? album only tracks? one-offs of stuff you have played before???????

cheers

Shane

Guest matt tees

Guess away folks but nobody knows until 1.30 am Sat night, ask Roger Stewart, he tried at Kent but it's TOP SECRET!

And top tunes too.

Have a great night everybody 100 Club still doing the business, well done Ady!!!!!!!!!!!

eh up ady

as i have never been to an anniversary what is the usual score on the 45s. are they unknowns? album only tracks? one-offs of stuff you have played before???????

cheers

Shane

Yes it tends to be unreleased tracks that have never been on vinyl before, so that DJs and collectors can play them out in future. They have usually been played on acetate at the 100 Club but sometimes it depends on what the record companies will or will not allow us to press.

a few of us from harborough comming .wheres the best place to go before hand :thumbsup:

Or there's The Tower Tavern 9 - 1:30 on the Corner of Clipstone and Cleveland St by the BT tower. Only a short walk from the 100 club. Keith Money, Nick Hackett, Hannah, Backdoor Kenny, Andy Brazil and Donna Driscoll on the decks. :lol:

If you haven't got a ticket or haven't arranged a ticket I'm afraid you won't get in. I'm mailing the last handful out today.

Ady

PS One record box per dealer only

Damn, sold out, looks like Miss Haversham will have to stay in again.

I would claim my free entry for guessing the Charmains………….

Have a good one Mr. C.

I will be there,really looking forward to this.Picking Mr Hullat up first in Bedford then on to Luton Talk of the South for a pre-100club warm up :D and to listen to Cliff Steele and Rob Kay spin a few choons.

My guess would be Milton Bennett-"Whats one more lie" with The Charmaines on the flip :D or is that just wishful thinking ?

Molly

Not sure what warm up we are doing yet, so many to chose from well 3 is enough to make my brain nearly melt :D

Good choices Molly i would love to see Luther Ingram and the Charmians, but having the Luther Ingram might spoil its elusitivty with me, personly wouldn't like to see it end up in the same vien of being killed off like the Magicians has been over the past couple of years, but dont think its got the same 'wide' appeal as the Magicians so maybe if it is that we are safe.....but we can only but guess untill 1.30am sunday moring :D

well I won't be there :D - even though I did my best to persuade Pete Best on Friday top pick me up whilst he was picking up Craig.....

he just said "if you haven't got a ticket you can't go"

rather than "theres no way I'm having you in my car for that long!" :P

it'll not be the same without me you know whistling.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

Well the place is a sell out and im struggling to get people posting on here......

Whos up for it, you orrid lot

Ken are you wearing sock's or did you win that bet on here shades.gif

i shall be there mate, with a bit of tower tavern to start me thinks

Well the place is a sell out and im struggling to get people posting on here......

Whos up for it, you orrid lot

Ken are you wearing sock's or did you win that bet on here :P

I hope not,and i did,what up with coming to hear ya` buddy at the tower,go to both,i am shades.gif ,Luton dont count :D soz`!! Luton.

I hope not,and i did,what up with coming to hear ya` buddy at the tower,go to both,i am shades.gif ,Luton dont count :P soz`!! Luton.

What time are you on Ken?

Im affraid im just going with the rest what they want to do, so its all still up in the air, not sure if even got a lift yet :D other wise im driving, tell you what you come up pick us up then drive us back in the morning and we'll come to the tower :D:(

What time are you on Ken?

Im affraid im just going with the rest what they want to do, so its all still up in the air, not sure if even got a lift yet shades.gif other wise im driving, tell you what you come up pick us up then drive us back in the morning and we'll come to the tower :D:P

I hope i aint on first,but not too late,got things to do..........i aint the boss.

PS,i`m rubbish.

Edited by ken

Looking forward to this & catching up with everybody.

The plan at the moment is that the long suffering Mrs Soulsmith will also be coming.

Sue's celebrating her birthday - and its a significant one!

I'm not allowed to tell anybody that it is her birthday, or her age.

You can see I'm 50% trustworthy :thumbsup:

Col.

The plan at the moment is that the long suffering Mrs Soulsmith will also be coming.

Col.

She's never 50 is she?

Col.

But you already told me its her big day Col, 50/50 whether she'll go on Saturday!!!

Al

Yes!!that sounds ok to me :lol: ........see you all,soon whistling.gif

Sorry Ken, been told buy the powers that be we are doing Luton, so gonna miss your spot mate....Give em hell and play Stompa wink.gif

Sorry Ken, been told buy the powers that be we are doing Luton, so gonna miss your spot mate....Give em hell and play Stompa wink.gif

Who are the power`s?Baz.................i`m saving Stompa,till i can afford to visit V/Carvers :lol: ,dont fit in me box................i`m still rubbish. whistling.gif

Who are the power`s?Baz.................i`m saving Stompa,till i can afford to visit V/Carvers :) ,dont fit in me box................i`m still rubbish. :shhh:

Hey!

Didn't I buy the exclusive rights to The Stompa at the Mousetrap last week?

Don't go playing it out son or the deal's off.

Blimey 27 years? From now on whenever I start to feel a bit old and slow and want to go home at 4am I'll remind myself that I was at junior school when this club started and hang about for my second wind. Ave it.

:)

Hey!

Didn't I buy the exclusive rights to The Stompa at the Mousetrap last week?

Don't go playing it out son or the deal's off.

No,you just payed the deposit,just another 20 installments to go. :shhh:

Guest Andy Brazil

Looking forward to another anniversary down the hallowed steps of 100club,27 years in the smoke!! Congratulations Ady :shhh:

i still chuckle when i remember at the last anniversary

when Ady gets up on the mic and announces gravely

"thanks for your support over the years...

-but i regret to announce....we'll have to stop the allnighters"....

......collective GULP .... :)

........breath held..

.......frozen in time

.............. :)

could've heard a pin drop,

......"in fifty years time"

-please don't pull a cruel one like that again though,Ady

(unless there'll be paramedics at the ready)

-don't know if our hearts could take it

now we're all yet another year older .

-roll on tomorrow biggrin.gif

Edited by Andy Brazil
Guest mrs norman maine

Ady- any idea if the dryer in the ladies has been re-installed?

It's those little touches of luxury that make all the difference for a gal with a wayward fringe :(