3 For Sale - Sparkels, Percy Wiggins & Connie Francis

Scooterboy

Hi Folks,

The following are for sale.  I have tried to grade as accurately as possible, and erred on the critical side as I'd like people to be pleasantly surprised, not rather miffed.

All records carry a full money back guarantee should you disagree with my gradings.  No hassle, no dramas.

Pictures are attached too.  I've done my best but I'm no David Bailey, though I hope they give you enough information so that you can buy with confidence.

Bank transfer or cheque only I'm afraid on these as I have a credit card bill to try and drive down.  

Postage is included in these prices - Special Delivery for The Sparkels, Recorded Delivery for Percy Wiggins and for Connie Francis

The Sparkels – Try Love (One More Time) – Old Town Issue £250

Needs no introduction and appears to be in demand / in vogue at present.

A little staining on label (see photos).

Vinyl grades at least VG+ in my view (I suspect others may grade higher than this, indeed I bought it as ‘EX’ and have played it just a handful of times).  There is some 'greying' in the grooves which I had attributed to play-wear but I have just secured a M- copy and the same ‘greying’ is in exactly the same place so I wonder if this is due to the actual pressing of the record rather than play-wear.  There are also a handful of small hairline scratches (none of which affect play).  I have tried to capture a couple of these in the photos.  Vinyl still has plenty of gloss.

Plays absolutely fine (I have DJ'd with this copy a handful of times and there are no problems whatsoever).

Percy Wiggins – It Didn’t Take Much (For Me To Fall In Love) – RCA Demo £45 ***NOW SOLD***

There is label wear / ring wear and a little piece of label missing (see photos).

Vinyl grades at VG in my view which is reflected in the price.  There is some 'greying' in the grooves along with a number of small scratches (none of which affect play).  I have tried to capture a couple of these in the photos.

Plays absolutely fine (I have DJ'd with this copy and there are no problems whatsoever).  Photos removed to avoid confusion regarding vinyl (not label) conditions with Sparkels.

Connie Francis - It's Gonna Take Me Some Time - MGM £30

Early R 'n' B type record.  Got plays a few years ago and appears to be being reactivated.

Copy advertised and sold within minutes on RareNorthernSoul.com around 3 weeks ago for £65.

A couple of minor label stains (see photos).

Vinyl grades at VG+ in my view (I suspect others may grade higher than this) as there is some limited 'greying' in the grooves and a handful of small hairline scratches (none of which affect play).  I have tried to capture the vinyl quality.

Plays absolutely fine (I have DJ'd with this copy - no problems whatsoever).

Thank you for looking.  Any questions please do drop me a line.

Chris

Sparkels 1.jpg

Sparkels 2.jpg

Sparkels 3.jpg

Sparkels 4.jpg

Sparkels 5.jpg

Sparkels 6.jpg

Edited by scooterboy
Percy Wiggins Sold
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sorry folks,

Upload didn't work properly (probably because I am rubbish with technology).

Please note, in the original post the first 6 photos are of The Sparkels record, the last 3 are of the Percy Wiggins record.

The photos of Percy and Connie that didn't upload properly are attached now.

Chris

Percy 1.jpg

Connie 1.jpg

Connie 2.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert