The New Sounds Lp

NEV

HI SOULSTERS

ANY KNOWLEDGABLE SOUL GOT ANY INFO I.E PRICE /AVAILABILITY OF A LP BY THE NEW SOUNDS ON THE PVINE LABEL (IM INFORMED)

BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGES AND I AM HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST A BRICK WALL TRING TO UNCOVER ONE.

AM PINNING MY HOPES HERE.

HERES HOPING

NEV

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI SOULSTERS

ANY KNOWLEDGABLE SOUL GOT ANY INFO I.E PRICE /AVAILABILITY OF A LP BY THE NEW SOUNDS ON THE PVINE LABEL (IM INFORMED)

BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGES AND I AM HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST A BRICK WALL TRING TO UNCOVER ONE.

HERES HOPING

NEV

Originally issued on Turbo, but re-issued on P-Vine (Japan) in 1990.

Comes up on ebay from time to time about £30 - £40?

The Turbo isssue is quite rare and I would have thought at least £100 now, but the quality of the recording is not that good.

Best tracks are Sweet Memories (Robert Tanner) & Don't Take Your Love

Social source share

HI SOULSTERS

HERES HOPING

NEV

The original is on Turbo and is a very hard LP to obtain. Probably a three figure value.

Pvine is a Japenese re-issue and should'nt be that difficult but not seen it for sale for a while. I guess at £75-£100.

Popular for the "don't take your love from me" track, big "crossover tune" since crossover was invented towards the end of the last century.

Also has a good version of Robert Tanners "Sweet memories". Think Robert Tanner was in the group.

There is a track also done by the Skullsnaps on their album but can't remember what it's called.

Steve Plumb who posts on here should be able to help in supply.

Regards Alan

Social source share

HI SOULSTERS

HERES HOPING

NEV

Worth hunting down Nev - I was lucky in picking one up on me travels back in the 90s.

On the subject of the Newsounds - is the 'Bet you never thought about it' on Mod-Art the same band?? After picking the LP up I took a punt on it for a few quid - and wasn't disappointed either :thumbsup:

Social source share

The original is on Turbo and is a very hard LP to obtain. Probably a three figure value.

Pvine is a Japenese re-issue and should'nt be that difficult but not seen it for sale for a while. I guess at £75-£100.

Popular for the "don't take your love from me" track, big "crossover tune" since crossover was invented towards the end of the last century.

Also has a good version of Robert Tanners "Sweet memories". Think Robert Tanner was in the group.

There is a track also done by the Skullsnaps on their album but can't remember what it's called.

Steve Plumb who posts on here should be able to help in supply.

Regards Alan

The track is "Having you around" which is on both Lp`s,also check out

"I`m falling out of love" on the "Skull Snaps" Lp a top tune :thumbsup:

Dave f.............

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

The stuff of which legends are made through relative rarity ...and actually not that good !

I really rather like that LP and its not my usual taste at all. Can we never agree on anything Simon? :ohmy: Now trying to remember if I ever bought a p-vine copy or only ever listened to it burned onto a CD. :ohmy:

Social source share

Worth hunting down Nev - I was lucky in picking one up on me travels back in the 90s.

On the subject of the Newsounds - is the 'Bet you never thought about it' on Mod-Art the same band?? After picking the LP up I took a punt on it for a few quid - and wasn't disappointed either :ohmy:

The Newsounds on Mod-Art, top tune. Different group though, out of Chicago, think it was the only thing they released. Generally the whole label is good. :ohmy:

Social source share

tho its very rare. the sound quality on the turbo release is worse than the

p vine reissue. I bet the producer never worked again. im sure an original

went for about £300 on the bay. the p-vine must be £60 by now. At least 5

good tracks for me. I dont want to lose you, sweet memories.............luvly :P

wasnt dont take your love c/up as darrell banks :P ... who was long dead

by the time it was recorded eh

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!