Harold Guyton 'watched You Slowly Slip Away' Original

Probably sound stupid here, but it there an original issue of Harold Guyton 'Watched You Slowly Slip Away' that doesn't have the 3 verve arrows on it. Probably bought a reissue but thought, with hopeless optimism, i'd just double check.

Any help much appreciated.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Probably sound stupid here, but it there an original issue of Harold Guyton 'Watched You Slowly Slip Away' that doesn't have the 3 verve arrows on it. Probably bought a reissue but thought, with hopeless optimism, i'd just double check.

Thats a boot, sorry...late 80's

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Me too :thumbsup:

I paid £90 I think off ebay about 2 years ago. only found out recently I'd been duped. The really REALLy annoying thing is only a few weeks previously I'd 'cleared' out my ebay file because my memory was nearly full on my comp, so I havent a scooby who the git was that sold me it as an original. Of course he could have thought it was real too, but it would have been nice to talk to him about it.

Social source share

Just a quick question on this record, i have a light blue promo had it for years now, just wondering if there is a Black stock/issue copy of this out there as The High Keys - 'Living A Lie' / 'Let's Take A Chance' as i can't ever remember seeing one?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

I haven't seen a Black Stock Copy of Howard Guyton, If there was, there should be a Yellow DEMO, I can't say that I've seen one.

I've got The High Keys - Black Stock Copy and I have seen the Yellow DEMO for this a couple of times, only ever had one chance at the Black Stock Copy though in 38 years.

Verve_VK10423a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I've got probably the rarest version on ebay at the moment - West Coast styrene, near mint (and on ebay cos nobody bought it off my list, tight buggers)

d3_1.JPG

Pete does the styrene one have the bed mark in the run out as described in JM's book - I've got one that came from the east coast - identical label to yours deep blue with silver writing and a matt finish - no bed mark or nashville matrix has vki 10386 and 65vk636 in the run out on the slowl slipped away side - Is it a real one? Certainly looks it to me even without the 'bed' mark

What do you think?

ATB Mike

Social source share

Pete does the styrene one have the bed mark in the run out as described in JM's book - I've got one that came from the east coast - identical label to yours deep blue with silver writing and a matt finish - no bed mark or nashville matrix has vki 10386 and 65vk636 in the run out on the slowl slipped away side - Is it a real one? Certainly looks it to me even without the 'bed' mark

What do you think?

ATB Mike

Mine has the above vki 10386 and 65vk636 in the run out as above too.

Pretty sure this is orig, bought it just before it was pressed in the early 90's off Adey Pierce (or was it late 80's?...my mind is failing me these days!) :ohmy:

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!