Greatsone Soul Club Sat Night

Mark B

Another stonking night down at the greatstone,music and crowd were all top notch, i was on the door and did not take much notice of how many people were coming in, so it was a pleasent suprise when i walked downstairs and saw how many were in the the club. Andy Dyson played a brilliant set lots i had not heard before

(playlist please if you read this andy) Tony was on early doors and played a really nice across the board set, Col & Craig were on next and lots of nice tunes were drifting up the stairs, then Paul another great set (think tony joined him for his last half hour,

no budgie this month so it was me (brilliant set :thumbsup: ) not one to blow my own trumpet as anyone who knows me will tell you,shy and retiring thats me. Stevie Z played a corker as allways.

some of the things i played not in correct order

herde something we made up alcon

the other ones the two of us knoll

4 tracks charade note

len wade what you gonna do dial

little johnny truit just the other day abet

mixed emotions gold of my life rockway

melting pot i'm getting hip to you d'art

clydene jackson i need your love crossover

sydewalk theory run to me jax

delrays inc destination unknown tampete

essex 4 my reaction to you windmill

lois johnson be mine sabteca

thats all i can remember at the moment will add to the list as my memory returns.

thanks to everyone who came and made it such a brilliant night all you travellers from far and near.

Mick & Mo i dont know how you do it wilton friday and us sat and going home and coming backyou must have spent more on petrol than on records :lol: .

i am sure tony and paul will add the plays at some point.

mark

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another stonking night down at the greatstone

It certainly was......well worth the long drive up!! Andy Dyson did a fucking brilliant spot, full of quality, soulful, unknown and semi-known tunes.......excellent stuff!! Great crowd and top night.

PAUL-S :D

Edited by paul-s

i can honestly say that greatsone is one of a couple of venues you can genuinly play what you want ! the rooms were full of people who are into oddball records and learning about soul music, although i ain't big into dj'ing i thoroughly enjoyed playing there.

from the word go there is a friendly greeting and atmosphere - always important to me !

for those reasons i'll list a few of my plays ( not really one for posting playlists) here are the ones i can remember..

paul kelly - the upset - lloyd

bolita woods

tiny watkins- run,run,run

georgia soul twisters- watchout

jerry williams - ordinary girl

4 dynamics- peachtree

timmy + empires - mercury acetate

ledgers - public

ray frazier-stanson

metallics -debonair

durastictions - pleasentry

hopefulls - hope

jj jackson- too much love

constitutions - policy

there's a few i can remember - now that lifeline dosen't collide with greatsone dates will get to as many as these events as possible - well worth the car ride and then some .thanks chaps.

i can honestly say that greatsone is one of a couple of venues you can genuinly play what you want ! the rooms were full of people who are into oddball records and learning about soul music, although i ain't big into dj'ing i thoroughly enjoyed playing there.

from the word go there is a friendly greeting and atmosphere - always important to me !

for those reasons i'll list a few of my plays ( not really one for posting playlists) here are the ones i can remember..

paul kelly - the upset - lloyd

bolita woods

tiny watkins- run,run,run

georgia soul twisters- watchout

jerry williams - ordinary girl

4 dynamics- peachtree

timmy + empires - mercury acetate

ledgers - public

ray frazier-stanson

metallics -debonair

durastictions - pleasentry

hopefulls - hope

jj jackson- too much love

constitutions - policy

there's a few i can remember - now that lifeline dosen't collide with greatsone dates will get to as many as these events as possible - well worth the car ride and then some .thanks chaps.

Many thanks andy your spot was excellent and much appreciated by all, willl definately welcome you anytime, hope lifeline carry's on its formiddable reputation will try to get over there this year.

all the best mark

Must say... i haven't been going to the Greatstone that long... but i gotta say.. i love it!

Can still remember the first time i went... couldn't believe the quality of the music they played.... even had me turning round and saying .."did they really just play that?".... whistling.gif

Anyway.. last Saturday was no different.

Got there a lot later than i would have liked. Usually that doesn't bother me... but with the Greatstone... you can't help but wonder what great tunes you've missed!

Mark B was on when we arrived... played some great stuff... best for me without a doubt... Leonard Adaire... what a fantastic tune this is... just awesome!

Next up was the man himself, Andy Dyson... kicking off with the incredible 4 Dynamics... and just kept them coming one after the other.

LOADS i didn't know.... don't you just love it when that happens... the one that stood out for me.. and stood out by a mile... was the Georgia Soul Twisters.... just loved this Andy...

Plus my favourite record ever... King George... God bless you :D

Great crowd... awesome music.... what more could you ask for!

Couldn't stay till the end unfortunately... my dog had been poorly so i needed to get back to her.... but we left Stevie Z giving it loads to a still busy dancefloor...

Have to say Stevie .... Andy Fisher still sounds as incredible as it did when i first heard it 20 years ago... the mark of a truly great soul record.

Great stuff guys... thanks loads :P