• Replies 69
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi All

Just read these threads and a conversation I had with a guy about 12 months ago which at the time i thought not alot of, has zoomed into my Grey matter.

I was told off this guy

(Who is a massive collector of about 30,000 records to date and for that reason will not give out his name, he also travels to the states about 5 times a year collecting, I have not found him to be a bullshiter in any way,)

He said that on one of his visits late last year he had heard of a guy who had and was about to filter into the market - near/if not perfect counterfeits of big value records, and apparently had his hands on some original plates as well...

whether this is the same character or they really are genuine I dont know but it seems strange.

Has anyone else heard about this

<_<

Geeoooordie

Social source share

Hi All

Just read these threads and a conversation I had with a guy about 12 months ago which at the time i thought not alot of, has zoomed into my Grey matter.

I was told off this guy

(Who is a massive collector of about 30,000 records to date and for that reason will not give out his name,  he also travels to the states about 5 times a year collecting,  I have not found him to be a bullshiter in any way,)

He said that on one of his visits late last year he had heard of a guy who had and was about to filter into the market - near/if not perfect counterfeits of big value records, and apparently had his hands on some original plates as well...

whether this is the same character or they really are genuine I dont know but it seems strange.

<_>

Geeoooordie

link

makes you wonder

if look at the possible cash someone could make out of doing such, then look at how counterfeit stuff like perfume, whisky, clothes and such is already commonplace

??

Social source share

Wasn't the communicators pressed in oz earlier this year?

Anybody have a scan of this label

link

Kev Cox , had some nice records on his list yesterday, currently out of my price range unfortunatly,

Districts £700

Flash McKinley £1500

JM

On The subject of Soul Communicators.......... Would touch it with a barge pole !

Social source share

Hi All

<_<

Geeoooordie

link

Is the guy with the counterfiets supposed to be an English guy living in the states ?

Social source share

<_< :D:D Just had this via e-mail... seems appropriate to the discussion on "dodgy or not" Interesting e-mail list included ph34r.gif but I will keep that to myself..

JOE & FRAN GIATTINO

E-MAIL: GROUPRECORDS@AOL.COM

PHONE: 702-255-6601

FAX: 702-256-9595

RARE NORTHERN SOUL AUCTION

PUTTING SOME RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45'S UP FOR AUCTION. THESE RECORDS WERE ON EBAY, BUT WERE PULLED OFF SO I COULD GIVE MY MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS A PRIVATE AUCTION TO GET SOME OF MY BEST NORTHERN SOUL 45'S. ALL THESE RECORDS WERE ACQUIRED FROM ONE COLLECTION WHICH CAME OUT OF CALIFORNIA. ALL ARE SINGLE COPIES. THIS AUCTION WILL END THE 25TH OF NOVEMBER AT 12:00 PM PST.

PLEASE OBSERVE MINIMUM BIDS, YOU MAY CALL TO HEAR ANY RECORDS OR WE CAN SEND A SOUND BYTE OF ANY OF THE RECORDS LISTED. ALL RECORDS ARE 1ST PRESS ORIGINALS. BID WITH CONFIDENCE. POSTAGE WILL BE ADDED AT TIME OF SALE. WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AND PAY PAL.

1. BOO-GAH-LOO #108 (PURPLE LABEL) THE IDEALS THE MIGHTY LOVER M- $100

2. CHADWICK #102 THE TOPCIS HEY GIRL M- $500

3. CHARTMAKER #408 SERVICEMEN SWEET MAGIC M- $500

4. FEE BEE #221 SOUL COMMUNICATERS THESE LONELY NIGHTS M- $300

5. FRANTIC #200 (XOL) THE ROTATIONS PUT A NICKEL ON D-9 VG++/M- $600

6. FROS-RAY #2707 SOUL GENTS WONDERS OF LOVE M- $200

7. GOODWAY #101 SILHOUTTES NOT ME BABY M- $500

8. EASTBOUND #601 UNIQUE BLEND YES IM IN LOVE M- $300

9. LAMP #653 PEARLS SHOOTING HIGH M- $300

10. MICA #503 PACE SETTERS MY SHIP IS COMING IN VG++/M- $150

11. M-PAC #7232 RINGLEADERS BABY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO OUR LOVE M- $300

12. MIR-A-DON #1004 ASCOTS ANOTHER DAY M- $500

13. MIR-A-DON #1001 ASCOTS SOMETIMES I WONDER M- $300

14. OKEH #7291 TRIUMPHS IM COMING TO YOUR RESCUE M- $150

15. WIND HIT #100 (SMALL DRILL HOLE) SERVICEMEN ARE YOU ANGRY M- $250

NOTE* ALL MINIMUM BIDS ARE IN U.S. CURRENCY

Social source share

PUTTING SOME RARE NORTHERN SOUL 45'S UP FOR AUCTION. THESE RECORDS WERE ON EBAY, BUT WERE PULLED OFF SO I COULD GIVE MY MOST VALUED CUSTOMERS A PRIVATE AUCTION TO GET SOME OF MY BEST NORTHERN SOUL 45'S. ALL THESE RECORDS WERE ACQUIRED FROM ONE COLLECTION WHICH CAME OUT OF CALIFORNIA. ALL ARE SINGLE COPIES. THIS AUCTION WILL END THE 25TH OF NOVEMBER AT 12:00 PM PST.

PLEASE OBSERVE MINIMUM BIDS, YOU MAY CALL TO HEAR ANY RECORDS OR WE CAN SEND A SOUND BYTE OF ANY OF THE RECORDS LISTED. ALL RECORDS ARE 1ST PRESS ORIGINALS. BID WITH CONFIDENCE. POSTAGE WILL BE ADDED AT TIME OF SALE. WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS AND PAY PAL.

But is this the real reason he took the stuff off?? Read on...

Yesterday I emailed the seller and offered a trade for a certain item, but whilst doing so added:

"Heard there are some counterfeits nocking about, supposedly from the same guy that pressed the Oxford Nights"

And to follow this, he same seller has ended everything he had up for sale. :D

Wonder if I'm responsible or it is in fact to give his 'valued customers' a private auction..??....... ph34r.gif

I'm onto you Mr. Group records!!!!!!! :angry: :diablo:

Social source share

I think they are all legit and just must have come from a US based  Northern collector with a love of mint records with black labels and silver writting.....

Oxford Nights

Soul Communicaters

Del Larks Demos

Flash McKinley

link

If it wan't for the fact that the O-N's were up every other week then this could almost be believable.... same as his Singing Swinging Counts.... will have to wait and see re the rest.... although I find it quite strange that the "seller" has taken them all down :lol: .... did anyone e-mail him or does he read this forum :lol: ....

Social source share

Hi Mark, the bloke with the Oxford Nights is diff to the other seller with Soul Communicaters etc...

Rich

link

Yeh Rich, I know..... l-p and b-b/g-r.... I was referring to l-p putting stuff out every week so people became very warey.... where as b-b/g-r tends to filter the same tune slowly so keeping the are they/aren't they debate ongoing....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!