* Some Day The Tempests Smash (LP)

Edited by bridget
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to add my thanks to Chris and Barrie for what's always a good night. I don't think I've ever been to Pilsley and left without feeling lifted by the company and the music. Even on Saturday, when in turn both decks developed problems, Chris produced two replacements in true Blue Peter fashion - here's some I made earlier! Although the daddy-long-legs determined to spend the evening at 45rpm did get to him later on. This is really one of the best soul nights local to Notts/Derbys. Good guest spot by Nige too - apart from DJ Genesis that is! Many thanks, Dean.

Just wanted to add my thanks to Chris and Barrie for what's always a good night. I don't think I've ever been to Pilsley and left without feeling lifted by the company and the music. Even on Saturday, when in turn both decks developed problems, Chris produced two replacements in true Blue Peter fashion - here's some I made earlier! Although the daddy-long-legs determined to spend the evening at 45rpm did get to him later on. This is really one of the best soul nights local to Notts/Derbys. Good guest spot by Nige too - apart from DJ Genesis that is! Many thanks, Dean.

Thanks very much Dean for your kind comments. You ought to see what Chris can do with a bit of sticky back plastic!! whistling.gif

Unfortunately Chris and I won't be able to attend for our first visit to The Attic in October (Eldest son's engagement party) but keeping our tickets for Mark Bicknells visit to you very safe;- can't wait!!

See you around

Chris and Sharon

damn, sounds like i missed a good night - looks like chris is getting the use of his new tempests lp and not a macfadden in sight :D:(

is it just me or have daddy long legs gone intop a ballistic breeding programme this year - cant bloody move for em over here!!

Yes Glynn totally McFaddenless shades.gif Its a bit much when a daddy long legs tries to do a DJ spot when they haven't even been invited though int it?? :P

No offence intended Nige for the DJ Genesis, your spot - and a good one too. One thing that keeps us here, love or loathe it is the breadth of what we like to call "northern". The DJ Genesis crack was in regard to a sweep that myself and two friends (Kev and Steve), who were stood near the decks, had running as to when Chris would play it. I had £1 on the 7th record. Your play blew it for my bet!

Stick by it, Pilsley is a great soul night, good music, good atmosphere, great hosts - if you've not been, just go. Dean.