1st Record Played At Wigan

Guest Andy..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF ASKING MR WINSTANLEY WHAT THE FIRST RECORD HE PLAYED WAS?

I`M SURE HE`D REMEMBER. OR IS THAT TO SILLY A QUESTION??

SPOT. :D

================================================================================

=================

SHERRYS --PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND ME WAS THE FIRST.........................

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, rgough605 said:

Remember buying the lockettes "I love the boy who lives next door"-abc.in the bar.was told twas the 2nd record played.(?)

Could have been , Definately a Winstanley  record , maybe he went cold on it until about 79 when it got regular plays ?  love the record by the way , had a copy in 1980 , whenever i see it for sale now it always seems  20 quid more than i think its worth  , but it s not getting any cheaper .

Social source share

So in NS history it's agreed that The Sherrys was the first record when the 1st allnighter opened its doors, took money , punters entering the building - however prior to that, (up to an hour) when the decks were put on the table, the speaker wires plugged in , the amp wires plugged in - and the equipment switched on - when the (right hand deck) arm was uncliped - what was the first record to test the equipment - that was the first record ??

Social source share

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 22/09/2006 at 21:23, Soulfulhound said:

Afternoon on the rhino wasn't played the first night.

Bubble Gum Breakthro' was the big Mike Post sound at that time, which happened to be on the Fused LP as well as the 45. On that LP was another great track, A.O.T.R., which Kev Roberts picked up on, he wasnt in the original Wigan deejay line-up and played it months later.

Cheers, Chris

The venue opened on Sept 23rd. I was hired on September 30th the following Saturday. 
Cheers 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!