Benji

Font/Layout options in posts

Is it just me or did font and many layout options disappear after the upgrade? Especially choosing different colours and strikethrough were quite handy, e.g. to highlight sold records in a post.

Also, I just noticed while typing this, it's no longer possible to preview a post before submission?

Thanks,

Benji

Benji

the preview was dropped at the last major upgrade (june) by the company, their theory was as the editor is wysiwyg there is no need
i dont agree with that thinking but theres  not a lot can do

I removed some of the format options a couple of months ago as felt they were being over used by some members
as a lot view the site on different mobiles,tablets etc to me it makes sense to try and have a uniform display otherwise  some members may have difficulties viewing

cheers

mike

Hi Mike

I'm not sure what the implications are when a member over uses some of the format options , obviously if there is an option on fonts and colours , anyone who is lets say creative will use them . Again I don't know what issues this causes, but the fact that they have been removed , I find a step backwards and personally find some of the changes are for the worse and not the better , previously on the events you could scroll over them and get the area or address , saving you the time to bother looking if the venue was miles away , and obviously losing the chance to do a quick search for any local events. Now if the info does not appear you have to click on and have a look , which also generates a false count on views to the page, Sad I may be! but often I have looked to see how often the page has been visited / viewed. Also when creating an event the option to google the area and put the little man directly outside the event option seems to have gone , Many times now I have put in the postcode and find I'm staring across some fields. And just to clarify I have also had this conversation with other members who also find the new format , less user friendly.

ok, thanks for the explanation. Is it possible to bring back strikethrough format? I think it's quite useful in sales threads.

yep, there was a reason why i didn't add it - think was due top the width of the toolbar

there's an upgrade coming in the next week or so that will include the editor, I will have a look at all the settings then and see if can improve

Hi Mike

I'm not sure what the implications are when a member over uses some of the format options , obviously if there is an option on fonts and colours , anyone who is lets say creative will use them . Again I don't know what issues this causes, but the fact that they have been removed , I find a step backwards and personally find some of the changes are for the worse and not the better , previously on the events you could scroll over them and get the area or address , saving you the time to bother looking if the venue was miles away , and obviously losing the chance to do a quick search for any local events. Now if the info does not appear you have to click on and have a look , which also generates a false count on views to the page, Sad I may be! but often I have looked to see how often the page has been visited / viewed. Also when creating an event the option to google the area and put the little man directly outside the event option seems to have gone , Many times now I have put in the postcode and find I'm staring across some fields. And just to clarify I have also had this conversation with other members who also find the new format , less user friendly.

hi

thanks for your views

on layout stuff

overuse of the format options can lead to people on mobiles getting unreadable content be it due to the size of the text, layout, or colour

on event feedback it be better if a new thread was started posted but I try and answer quickly

locations do now show on the event listing itself and also a 'summary' type map shows on the hovercard (for events posted after june)  -have a look here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calendar/

if the postcodes out then ask please check the location on google maps directly
If its correct there just let me know and will look at it, so far all out were out on google maps as well ?

a lot of the event and other stuff was custom coded by myself however as time moves on the software has added similar features (such as the maps) so when major upgrades appear a lot of the custom stuff has to be redone and then adapted to work with the new upgraded software - this is still ongoing, the last major upgrade has meant everything custom coded over the last few years had to be recoded

on others views

best if tell your muckers to post on here in this the  feedback forum

have said it loads of time do appreciate and listen to all feedback and  do try reply/discuss/explain to every post in here

gotta rush, if still have points/qs then may be best start a new thread marked events

thanks

mike

Edited by mike

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.