stop beating around the bush

Jon18

Hi To all I bought this record as part of a collection can anybody help me at all about it please

Its got Connie Van Dyke Stop beating around the bush on one side and Dale & the Detroit Sounds

Uptown nights on the other the record is thicker than normal and not a official release by the look

of it

I have done a recording of stop beating around the bush its not that good my crappy record player

it does sound a lot better though

thanks Jon

bush2.mp3

IMG_20151029_0001.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest johnny hart

Jon ,Absolutely,not a motown acetate, a cut and paste job from the 80s Stafford period i would guess,typed title an fotocopy of soul label.Musically "stop beating" is actually the Velvelettes from 1964 ,now available on CD Motown anthology, bacin the day agenuine acetate did exist perhaps this is from where it came? the b side is actually jimmy ruffin or Holland Dozier track "onthe Avenue" covered as Duke & the Detroits "Uptown Nights" Would guess Conny van Dyke was a cover up title to put people of the scent as no "Stop Beatin " is listed inthe archive to her  .If sound is VG + its still an unusual oddity and as both tracks are available worth a tenner. Have a Great Day LOL Johnny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!