Mr Croasdale Step Forward And Take A Bow

I've just noticed that the 100 club is celebrating it's 27th year. Mr Croasdale you Sir deserve a Gold watch from the Northern Soul fraternity for what you've done for the scene over the years, in fact I can't think of anyone EVER who has given so much.

One of the scenes nice guys I first bumped into him while he was selling vinyl from a barrow near Hanway Street in London I'd guess 1972/3ish, what struck me about him even then was what a nice guy he was, no bollocks just a nice guy. Always seems to have a smile on his face and has remained 'one of the lads'

Many years later he gave me one of my biggest thrills when he asked me to spin a few at the 100 club all-nighter, we all owe you big time Adi without folk like you this scene would not be half as enjoyable as it hopefully will continue being.

Happy Birthday Adi for the worlds greatest ever Soul Music all-nighter.

Paul Donnelly/Peterborough

Edited by PaulDonely
Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yep, good call, plus he's done it all without if you'll excuse the pun 'selling his soul'.

27 years running a monthly club is a phenomonal amount of time, absolutely incredible, i doubt wether it'll ever be matched in Northern Soul world.

Simon :D

Social source share

Yep, good call, plus he's done it all without if you'll excuse the pun 'selling his soul'.

27 years running a monthly club is a phenomonal amount of time, absolutely incredible, i doubt wether it'll ever be matched in Northern Soul world.

Simon :D

Not forgetting his Cleethorpes contribution, ace and kent plus the many records he has discovered...Sharon Scott-Don't be afraid....better than my wifes fanny.

Social source share

Yeah but he supports Leicester City. Its a good effort on the Soul scene, but c'mon. Leicester! ;-)

he supported Wednesday first though. In my book you can't chop and change. :D

Yes well done to Ady and his 100 club people :D

Can't wait for Saturday :D

Shane

Social source share

Good call Paul, everything you say about the man, the venue, his commitment, attitude, dedication, passion etc. is spot on, Ady was one of the first promoters to give me a go at the 100 Club way back about 1980/81 and for that alone i thank him, without question there is something just that little bit special about standing in front of the big 100 sign and playing tunes, is a special place, when we all look back on this scene in years to come The 100 Club, 6T's, Cleethorpes, Ace/Kent and everything decent and pure connected with Ady will go down as one of the most respected, honest and soulful people who have been involved with it, Ady has without question an untarnished record, like you stated Paul simply one of the lads....happy birthday Ady.

Social source share

Ady the one responsible for my current position in front of the computer reading along with self minded people about an alledged long dead music of which since Cleethorpes Weekender of which he persisted has dragged back into the public eye,due to all the new weekenders and Soul nights ala 100Club have or now exist due to the "NORTHERN SOUL" been kept and or brought to the public in todays scene ,

IMO

Add to that he is a good all round nice guy,and I for one am grateful to count him as a friend

But still cant get him to Sweetsoul

CONGRATS Happy Birthday,

love To Donna

:D:D:D:D

Social source share

Thanks Paul and all the rest of you. I'm doubly embarassed with the sentiment and the fact that I look like I'm bumping my thread!

Apart from thanking you I'd like to put on record my debt to the inestimable Randy Cozens who got the whole thing rolling and all the DJs who have kept us #1 for such a ridiculously long time: Mick Smith in particular has been with us from the start and Butch and Keith travel miles to entertain you and make the soundtrack special.

Plus the staff particularly the current mob Kenny, Winston and Sharon who are all long serving and long suffering and the loonies who go out to a dance that doesn't start until way past their bed times.

Cheers!

Social source share

Nice one Ady heres to another 27 years :D i can just see you and Ken with your zimmer frames greeting people as they enter :D

Thats the one thing that always puts a smile on my face when you desend them famous steps is your always greated hand shake for the boys and a kiss for the girls (if they are lucky :D ) when you arrive, and to me that goes a very long way :D

Social source share

Mr C is also responsible for delivering the finest 45min set of new discoveries ever.

The first public airing of the RCA things a few years ago left me feeling numb, they were so good you just had to stop dancing and listen...

cheers big man.

Social source share

Nice one Ady heres to another 27 years :D i can just see you and Ken with your zimmer frames greeting people as they enter :D

Thats the one thing that always puts a smile on my face when you desend them famous steps is your always greated hand shake for the boys and a kiss for the girls (if they are lucky :P ) when you arrive, and to me that goes a very long way :D

==============

Another example of this mad PC world of ours, why shouldn't he kiss the boys? Bloody Georgie Porgy rhyme, started this outdated stereotype grrrrrr :D:D:D

Social source share

==============

Another example of this mad PC world of ours, why shouldn't he kiss the boys? Bloody Georgie Porgy rhyme, started this outdated stereotype grrrrrr :D:D:D

and whats wrong with stereotypes :D

==============

Another example of this mad PC world of ours, why shouldn't he kiss the boys? Bloody Georgie Porgy rhyme, started this outdated stereotype grrrrrr :P:D:D

and whats wrong with stereotypes :D

Social source share

==============

:D:D Your more than welcome to recive kiss's from the boys win , but i'll stick to the insane PC handshakes :P

Social source share

:D:D Your more than welcome to recive kiss's from the boys win , but i'll stick to the insane PC handshakes :D

==============

You masons are all the same :D

Back on topic, provider of undoubtedly the best nighter and the best weekender in the country. And all done with humour and humility as opposed to .................

Social source share

Why ? You don't think he's going to let you in now do you :thumbsup:

i thought you bolton fans would have been quiet anyway after finding out that big sam has been bagging the notes left, right and centre :thumbsup:wicked.gif

slighty back on topic....

anyone on here attend the 1st one all those 27 years ago?

Shane

Social source share

i thought you bolton fans would have been quiet anyway after finding out that big sam has been bagging the notes left, right and centre :thumbsup::thumbsup:

slighty back on topic....

Shane

Happy to say i went to nearly all of Ady - & Randys early dos, pre 100 Club, at Covent Garden, West Hampstead etc, then the first 100 Club evenings then all nighters. Some of the best nights ive ever been to - bar none!!!

Didnt go to the all nighters then for 23 years, got persuaded to go by Jon Buck earlier this year & been to every one since!! Looking forward to Saturday now.

Alan

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...er, me! I was the second person through the door and down the stairs after Ady - the first venue 'Henry's' in Maiden Lane - was also in a basement, and the first DJ to play a record at a 6Ts event! (Johnnie Taylor's 'Just The One I've Been Looking For', since you don't ask...)

TONE :thumbsup:

PS: Big Sam Is Innocent OK...

PPS: And in the spirit of what this thread's really about, let me also offer a tip of the metaphorical titfer to my colleague and friend, Mr. C. Keeping a dance going for 2.7 years would have been an achievement in itself - sustaining its popularity for 27 is simply phenomenal! Well done kidda...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

...er, me! I was the second person through the door and down the stairs after Ady - the first venue 'Henry's' in Maiden Lane - was also in a basement, and the first DJ to play a record at a 6Ts event! (Johnnie Taylor's 'Just The One I've Been Looking For', since you don't ask...)

TONE :thumbsup:

PS: Big Sam Is Innocent OK...

======================

only been to the 100 club once ...dont know why havent made it down more but as everyone has said,,,congratulations to Ady on this achievement,,sure an MBE on its way to our horace,,,have a great one on saturday

mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!