Modern Motown Magic; Your Faves

Guest johnny hart

Guest johnny hart

Time for another interactive dip into the motown archive ;this time 70s,80s,90s,Floorfillers.My two current plays;;                                                                                                                                                              G,C. Cameron"Im Gonna Give You Respect" {From the "Love Songs and Other Tragedies"lp a Willie Hutch killer also done by Gay with an E}                                                            " Just A little Bit of You"= Sounds like Freda or Edna on invictus,actually Jacko on Holland Bros dancer without Lamont.{Checkout Utube live clip wi                                                       th michael in Spencers Soul bags.on Dicks American Bandstand 1975

Social source share

Smokie Norfull      'I got what you need '                Motown/Gospel 2014 CD Forever Yours

Temptations           'Something special'                 2004 CD legacey

By All Means          'Say you'll never leave me'      1992 LP  It's real

Frankie Kah'l          'Don't fan the flame'                  Gordy 45

And a shed load of LP cuts from the 70's & 80's .  And as steve mentioned the Blaze is superb. In fact all the above items.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I always liked Ozone - "Our hearts will always shine" on Motown

Loads of Willie Hutch tracks, including most of his "Ode to my lady" LP

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "Flying high together" on Motown

Forgot about the Ozone track.Still got lp somewhere.:)

Social source share

1 hour ago, shinehead said:

Easy does it - Willie Hutch

You're what's missing in my life - GC Cameron

Where are we going - Marvin Gaye

I can sho give you love Willie Hutch

"Easy does it" was not on Motown though it was produced by Norman Whitfield.Great record though.

Social source share

Loads of great Motown sounds from the late 70's and the 80's, on US and UK labels, here's a few I like  -   Major lance  - ' I never thought I'd be losing you '  //  Temptations  -  I'm comin' home ' / Temps  -   ' Aiming at your heart' //  Willie Hutch -  ' In and out '  //  Bobby King - ' Lovequake '  //  Bobby Womack -  ' Tell me why '  // Rick James - ' Don't give up on love '

• Helpful 1
Social source share

40 minutes ago, HILL868 said:

Loads of great Motown sounds from the late 70's and the 80's, on US and UK labels, here's a few I like  -   Major lance  - ' I never thought I'd be losing you '  //  Temptations  -  I'm comin' home ' / Temps  -   ' Aiming at your heart' //  Willie Hutch -  ' In and out '  //  Bobby King - ' Lovequake '  //  Bobby Womack -  ' Tell me why '  // Rick James - ' Don't give up on love '

Rick James an underated artist.https://youtu.be/Tt3eOCtJcas

Edited by NCFC
spelling
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!