Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

mike

Major upgrade occuring over the next few days

After the 'fun' of the major June upgrade, the software company have released another major upgrade

This time it should both 'fix' and 'improve' the 'june' version 

Key Changes

Changes and New Features Include:

New menu structure

New Activity Stream Inc Discovery system that allows for user created Activity Streams
Users can edit and save activity streams to create their own, custom copy.
The main show-all stream automatically tells you when there is new activityUsers can create custom streams
User streams can be shared but viewer will only see content based on their permissions
Filter options include:Unread content,Ownership, Content I posted in, Content I started, Content by specific members (user can create a list)Content I follow.areas I follow, Specific content I follow, Posted by members I follow, Time Period,Any time
Since my last visit, Specified number of days, Specific date range

Gallery

New upload image process
Image reviews

Editor updates

Uses div-mode which is much faster and more reliable. Clicking into the editor is now pretty much instant.
Quotes, code boxes, and spoilers can be dragged and moved and there is no more "red line"
Pasting asks if you want to convert to plain text
Editor is responsive, and ability to have small editor show in areas with less space
Member @mentions in posts can now be selected by tab key

Design and interface enhancements

The main search box defaults to the app you are currently browsing unless you are on home page where it searches all

Results now highlight and skip to search term in preview

Retina emoticons

Instant Notifications

Receive notifications via your Browser Notifications of new Personal Messages and anything in the notifications menu

No Longer Included

Areas such as View New Content, My Content, My Followed Content, Status page and so on are replaced by the new Activity Streams

summary for members

basically you will see

a combined "vnc/activity", improved performance, tweaks to search, editor and gallery

in the background should be a lot of unseen improvements, performance wise an dbug fixes

current planning is early monday morning for monday moring

but thats a estimate, testing is now ongoing to try and ensure a smooth upgrade - once testing completed will post further details/timings etc 

cheers

Edited by mike

current planning is carry out upgrade early monday morning with things finished and complete for  8am monday morning

cheers

mike

there's a few issues

so going to put it back 24-48hours

editor/pm glitch

when writing a pm

if you highlight the text with your mouse to cut or delete text  the message box  may disappear

if this happens just hit the message link again  and your text should reappear with the editor box

2 hours ago, mike said:

search is back on

editor icons need sorting

3 hours ago, mike said:

editor/pm glitch

when writing a pm

if you highlight the text with your mouse to cut or delete text  the message box  may disappear

if this happens just hit the message link again  and your text should reappear with the editor box

search at moment only searches for 4 characters - will be fixed in follow on update - wed-ish

4 hours ago, jumpinjoan said:

Hi Mike

Looks good.

I know it's probably way low on your list of priorities but unable to post links for YouTube on events on my mobile and iPad. 

Apologies if this isn't the right place for feedback 

Hi Joan

need to test the youtube embedding out fully - but it make sense to do it after the next upgrade which should be released tomorrow :thumbsup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts