Night of the Wolf

Guyh

Sunday Soul Sales...
Al Foster Band - The night of the wolf. Short/long version - Numero Uno. Brilliant condition. £100. Whilst the label says this is a Puerto Rico label and folk say it is original. I'm not sure if it isn't a dog rare bootleg done for some scene or other years back. Certainly unusual.
Jimmy Thompson - Jimmy's Place part 1/2 - Jimmy Thompson Music. Brilliant condition. £100.Highland Room anthem from '75.
Brothers, Sisters & Cousins - Smoke Stream - Nasco DJ copy. Mint. £40. Another Highland Room big sound. Lovely demo! 
Nino Tempo & 5th Avenue Sax - Sister James - A&M. Mint with sleeve. £40.
Message me if interested please. Cheers, G

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guy - just dug out my Al Foster Band as above - sure it is a bootleg but trying to remember where I got mine from?

Possibly Sydney Scarborough record shop in Hull mixed in with all the other bootlegs in about 1980 / 81. Absolutely nothing in the run outs on either side so a mystery - anyone got any more info.

Adam

Social source share

The white label "Puerto Rico" 45 above is definitely a bootleg.

As a side note the original issue of "Night Of The Wolf" was on an Italy 45 on the Cetra Numero Uno label titled "Tema Del Lupo" and credited to the italian artists real names Ivano Alberto Fossati & Oscar Prudente. I guess Morris Levy / Roulette thought it would be easier to sell to the US market as "Al Foster Band"...

111538983541.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's s right oddity. I never saw this press on the Northern Scene when it was big in '76 or whenever, and it was obviously done a long time before it went big on the Deep Funk scene. So for what market or scene was it done? I do actually like the "more questions than answers" scenario with records, there is so little mystery these days...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!