Russell Gilbert

Paypal problems

I tried to buy a record from a site earlier today, but when I got to paying with Paypal it asked me to provide credit card details. Just won a record on eBay a little while ago and the same thing happened again.

My Paypal account has been linked to my bank account for years, so a card shouldn't be needed. I've checked and both are still linked but I still can't pay unless I provide the credit card numbers, but I don't actually have one.

Anyone experiencing similar difficulties?

5 hours ago, Chris L said:

I always thought that Paypal demanded a credit card just in case they need to grab money from you (something you sold never reached destination, etc ?)

No, not if your Paypal account is linked directly to your bank account, which mine is.

Have subsequently read on the Paypal community forum that there's a glitch affecting customers in the Netherlands mainly and some in Belgium. Allegedly it's to be resolved later today or tomorrow.  Hope so...

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.