Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

RobbK

What is involved with posters giving other posters "reputation"?

I recently got a few notifications that other posters "gave me 'reputation'.  I don't remember having gotten any notifications like that before.  Is it a new feature?  How does it work, and what is its purpose?

I hope the reputation I've been getting is good, rather than "Look at this idiotic post!  This bloke's a tosser!"  "Wink, wink, - nudge, nudge, - say no more!" :wicked:

Edited by RobbK

Hi RobbK,

Mike can explain how all that works - But if you look at where your name is on the left hand side, below where it says 'Members', it shows you have 2,296 posts (posts that you have written), and above that (in Green) it shows that you have had 1274 'reputations' (as in 'likes').........On the bottom right of all posts there is a Green arrow (the 'like' button), and a Red arrow (the 'dislike' button) I think if anyone presses the Red ('dislike') button, that takes away a 'like' - Confused?! :)

So you getting notifications just shows you when someone likes (or dislikes) what you have written - If you click on that reputation, it will automatically take you to the said post.

I'd say '2,296 posts / 1274 reputations' is a very good ratio - So rest easy my friend :)

All the best,

Len :) 

P.s - The icon button for different smiley faces isn't working Mike - hence the 'keyboard' :)'s (above)

Edited by LEN

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts