Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

LEN

118 118

Just a warning folks - To all those that use the directory enquiries number 118 118 - I was flicking through my phone bill, and noticed I had rang it twice (43 seconds, and 52 seconds), and I was charged nearly £5.00 for each call! I was under the impression that these calls were just 50p each (and have used it a fair bit) It just so happened that I had 5 mins, so checked though the bill - I rang BT to check if it was a mistake, but it wasn't, they said that service is one of their most expensive ones.

So, 118 118 = £5.00 every time you use it!

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN

22 hours ago, LEN said:

Just a warning folks - To all those that use the directory enquiries number 118 118 - I was flicking through my phone bill, and noticed I had rang it twice (43 seconds, and 52 seconds), and I was charged nearly £5.00 for each call! I was under the impression that these calls were just 50p each (and have used it a fair bit) It just so happened that I had 5 mins, so checked though the bill - I rang BT to check if it was a mistake, but it wasn't, they said that service is one of their most expensive ones.

So, 118 118 = £5.00 every time you use it!

All the best,

The boss of 118 118 got a grilling on some news programme last week.  He was given a hard time when he tried to justify the rip off charges, but I can't see anything changing.  Since they broke BT's monopoly for directory enquiries, who incidentally were only charging 40p at the time, they've let sharks like 118 118 in.

So I wasn't wrong in my thinking of the 50p a call, I'm sure that was kind of drummed into us - Clever on their part really (the b*stards!)

Cheers,

Edited by LEN

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts