FRANK FOSTER, HOMER BANKS, AMBASSADORS....NICE RARE 60s list

Guest Dani Herranz

Guest Dani Herranz

FRANK FOSTER – HARLEM RUMBLE –TRI-ODE  SOLD

450 Pounds, EX

One of the most epic intros ever, even for people (such as me) who do not like instrumentals, this is an absolute dancefloor monster. Classic in both the Mod & Soul scenes of course. It does not turn up often, be quick

HOMER BAKS – SWEETIE PIE – GENIE

480 Pounds, Ex

First 45 from the legend who is Homer Banks, I read somewhere than only 500 copies were pressed in 1964, I´m not sure if that is correct, but certainly a rare record. Though it has turned up now and then in the last years, in my opinion it will be very hard to get once if finally takes off as it deserves. Championed by Andy Dyson some years back

HOLLYWOOD FLAMES – DANCE SENORITA – SYMBOL Demo

280 Pounds, EX

Produced by JJ Jackson, their best record IMO, early soul group sound at its best, well-known but still with plenty of milleage in it, as it has not been hammered-to-death (yet!)

REGINA SHERARD – HELPLESS BABY / A WOMAN´S WORK IS NEVER DONE – KING

200 Pounds Ex (small drill hole on label, no writing),

I bought it for the “Helpless” side, a hypnotic mid-tempo with a crossover feel that has had plays from some of the Top Djs in the rarer rooms, so I was pretty surprised when I listened to the flip, “A womans…”, a girlie Rhytm & Soul stormer which sounds recorded five years earlier and is just perfect for Mod/R&B niters. Someway it is the same formula as the iconic 45 from Connie Austin (King 6154) with “Ball of fire”/”She made a mistake”. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

THE AMBASSADORS – I NEED SOMEONE – UPTOWN     HOLD

170 Pounds VG++,

This would be a great definition for the “stormer” term: it falls on you like a quiet rain and gets you socked with quality R&Soul. It has been DJd quite a lot in the last decade, though I have the feeling it is still not broadly-known

CURLY MOORE – YOU DON´T MEAN – SANSU Demo   SOLD

350 Pounds Ex+;

Allnighter winner from the 80´s, Allen Toussaint´s arranged, it has all the ingredients of the best New Orleans sound. MOOOOOOOOOVER

THE SOUL CITY – COLD HEARTED BLUES / WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE – GOOD TIME Demo

200 Pounds; EX, the “WHO DO YOU…” side has two small red crosses on the label, otherwise vinyl and rest of labels EX condition

“Cold hearted blues” is very popular and it has an instant feel that puts on fire dancefloors all over Europe, but “Who do you think you are” is the side which personally rate more, and it has not received the same turntable action: a frantic stomper with breaks, one for the best dancers, someday it will be a classic.

THE VELVELETTES – LONELY LONELY GIRL AM I – VIP

90 Pounds EX+, very clean label.

No presentation needed. Immortal Motown-Northern

Payment by Paypal as GIFT or add 4%.

Postage worldwide: 5 Pounds

Edited by Dani Herranz
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply