Real or not ? Don Gardner on the bay

Woodbutcher

1 hour ago, chalky said:

The seller knows exactly what he has and is just playing the ignorance card.  He also knows what he is talking about when it comes to selling soul music...you only have to look at his feedback. Some mug(s) already fallen for it.

I know the seller he doesn't know what it is sorry he told me he had a bill Gardner record he deals in computer games not 45s 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, HARRY 1 said:

I know the seller he doesn't know what it is sorry he told me he had a bill Gardner record he deals in computer games not 45s 

That maybe so but he has sold 45's and a two second google would tell you plenty about this record.

If you know the seller then maybe you can do the honourable thing and tell him it isn't a real one and stop some unfortunate buyer being fleeced.  Somehow I don't think that will happen.

Too many seem to think that this scene is full of mugs.

Social source share

Guest HutchySoulManKTF

The Re-Pro is as rare as Original.

Only 400 produced. Seller has not tried to mislead anyone. Clearly states advised to sell privately. Which is correct thing to do. eBay 

is an auction site where you bid or you don't. You don't have the right to interfere with any mans business. Not seen record come up so it has right to find correct market value. The market decides. 

Social source share

17 minutes ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

Only 400 produced. Seller has not tried to mislead anyone. Clearly states advised to sell privately. Which is correct thing to do. eBay 

is an auction site where you bid or you don't. You don't have the right to interfere with any mans business. Not seen record come up so it has right to find correct market value. The market decides. 

See Philippe's post with this link: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6244989?ev=rb

Plenty for sale with double album, and much cheaper.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male
On 09/11/2015, 14:13:33, HutchySoulManKTF said:

What a load of crap. If I press up one copy of something, does that make it rarer than Frank Wilson or the Mello Souls, and suddenly it's worth £10k?

This is what the listing says:

"Not Sure About Anything About This Record Other Than It 
Plays Perfectly & Is In Very Good Condition.
Came In A House Clearance Of Records Of Which Most 
Were Northern Soul & Motown.
Have Been Approached To Sell This Privately But Have No Idea Of
Value..So Please No Offers."

Then after being told it's a repro, he put:

"Had a lot of messages about this record & been advised by certain people that by there opinion this record is a Bootleg Or Re-Issue.
As i dont know the history of this record i am not claiming it to be anything other than what i have listed it as.
It plays perfectly & is in very good condition that is all."

He's knows it not an original issue, so he should state it's a repro from a recently released LP but he doesn't. He's happy to try and mislead buyers, and keep his options open, and I'm more than happy to warn people not to waste their money on this.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest HutchySoulManKTF

Matters not if its a legal reissue.

Regards the LP no you don't get it in as gaurentee bought one from Discogs and eBay both had no single both had been resealed. Hasn't misled anyone sells games and records from House clearances. Doesn't have a clue. Bought 6 for quid each from box outside shop. He never stated at any point was Original. Actually has a Lester Tipton Grapevine which is worth 130 quid at 7:50 

work it out clowns

Social source share

7 hours ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

Regards the LP no you don't get it in as gaurentee bought one from Discogs and eBay both had no single both had been resealed. Hasn't misled anyone sells games and records from House clearances. Doesn't have a clue. Bought 6 for quid each from box outside shop. He never stated at any point was Original. Actually has a Lester Tipton Grapevine which is worth 130 quid at 7:50 

work it out clowns

Guessing from your vigorous defence (and the addition of extra info not in the original listing) that the seller's a mate of yours ... ?

Social source share

Guest United Sound
5 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Guessing from your vigorous defence (and the addition of extra info not in the original listing) that the seller's a mate of yours ... ?

Just click "see other items" on listing and there are a fair few as posted previously, and I'm not his mate, don't even know him/her :)

Edited by United Sound
Social source share

13 hours ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

work it out clowns

Ha! That's good coming from someone who thinks a boot/reissue is worth as much as an original.

Social source share

I agree this guy isn't as dumb as he tries to make out….."Me I am just a humble games dealer and I found these records in my Grandma's woodshed and I don't know anything about them" almost as good as "I haven't got a record player but it looks in good condition to me"…All BS.….

On the other hand I am sure it will look good on the decks at a soul night / niter / weekend when some 2nd Division DJ plays it and it looks like an original. :wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 11/9/2015, 2:32:31, Quinvy said:

See Philippe's post with this link: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6244989?ev=rb

Plenty for sale with double album, and much cheaper.

Well, I just ordered the L.P from Disgogs, but before paying I asked the seller for reassurance that I will get the 45. I have been assured that I will receive it. 

What's the deal with returns on disgogs, easy to get to grips with? (just in case like).

Social source share

14 hours ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

work it out clowns

Lester Tipton on Grapevine is worth £50 tops, especially as it's been counterfeited.  It's never been worth more than £70 tops.  I'm not a Clown.

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

It's a boot, trust me.... and if it was a counterfeit attempt, it was a piss poor one.

Bless his little cotton socks though, he's just an ordinary bloke trying to get an honest price from this "house clearance" in Darlington FFS

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!