Real or not ? Don Gardner on the bay

Woodbutcher

Guest HutchySoulManKTF

The point is. Not whether it's 1st issue. Think it's obvious not. More that the particular issue/Promo had has never been listed for sale. So it's case of finding true and fair value. The buyer decides what that is. Opinion don't bother me. Bet someone on here has a bid or 3 on his records looking at the Lester Tipton 

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Pete S said:

How does anyone know whether it's ever been listed for sale or not?  Popsike doesn't record everything that's sold.

https://www.popsike.com/soul-funk-45-DON-GARDNER-Cheatin-Kind-What-Now-My-Love-on-Sedgrick-HEAR-re/141401431549.html

15 minutes ago, Mach said:

it appears that since this thread started...the bidding as stopped on Don?

Got to £146 at one point then that bid disappeared and it reverted to £144 , seems as though some have seen sense ... :lol:

Social source share

2 hours ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

The point is. Not whether it's 1st issue. Think it's obvious not. More that the particular issue/Promo had has never been listed for sale. So it's case of finding true and fair value. The buyer decides what that is. Opinion don't bother me. Bet someone on here has a bid or 3 on his records looking at the Lester Tipton 

There are two of the repro's on popsike both less than £25.  There has probably been more but probably not been shown by popsike, they don't show verything and usually has to be over a certain price before they are.

Social source share

Guest United Sound

There are two on the bay now (as if you didn't know).

The one on top is @144 and the one beneath it is @16.

Is it the way the photos have been taken that they look different shades? are they both bonus singles from the LP supplier?

$_57.jpg

$_57A.jpg

Edited by United Sound
Pics came out on top of each other
Social source share

5 hours ago, HutchySoulManKTF said:

Ye think that's fair to say. So it's worth 146 quid that's the bar it seems. 

No ... it's worth about £25.00 ... it sits at £144 because bidder "S***-" thought it was real and was about to snaffle the steal of the century ... now he's done a little research (or seen this thread) and got out before getting his fingers burnt ... leaving the other poor sap with the bill ... :lol:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Here's one I bought earlier, just for curiosity.
Thank you for shopping on eBay! Your total amount due is $44.00. More details about your purchase are included below.

btnPayNow.gif

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Amount
141401431549 soul funk 45 DON GARDNER - Cheatin Kind / What Now My Love on Sedgrick *HEAR* re

1 $33.00 $33.00
Subtotal: US $33.00
Postage and packaging via USPS First Class Mail Intl / First Class Package Intl Service: US $11.00
Total

US $44.00

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest HutchySoulManKTF

Then you were a lucky lad ?

Anyone got a copy of Johnny Mae Mathews Two sided thing, fitting record to this thread. Love 2nd

Division DJ ?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male
On 10/11/2015, 19:31:53, Matt Male said:
Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

As for Johnnie Mae Matthews, it is a great record. Sold one last year for £200, which is probably what someone will end up paying for Don Gardner... :huh:

11 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

No ... it's worth about £25.00 ... it sits at £144 because bidder "S***-" thought it was real and was about to snaffle the steal of the century ... now he's done a little research (or seen this thread) and got out before getting his fingers burnt ... leaving the other poor sap with the bill ... :lol:

Spot on. He bid £150 then retracted. Very wise. He'll probably pick the other up for twenty quid now. :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Do any of you recall the guy with the pushchair that was sold on ebay and went viral with the bids spiralling out of control?  Wouldn't it be nice if all the high bidders retracted their bids on this in the same way and it went down to what it was worth!  I know in an ideal world it would happen to all those selling boots with photocopied labels, and maybe in my own little world I'd allow it to happen.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 11/12/2015, 7:21:46, WoodButcher said:

Bet the seller's spitting feathers now that the bidding's stopped so abruptly , I messaged him regarding the listing and his reply was pretty short , on the lines of "what do I know , I sell games not records" ... so no sympathy coming from this direction ... :wicked:

Seems like some saddo's are bidding on this again coming up to the end.

Its so obviously different from a real one surely these bidders dont really believe that they can get away with

passing this off as a real one if DJ'ing with it ?

The guy selling it also ought to be ashamed, by now he must know it's not a real one and should have withdrawn it 

and relisted it with the proper description, not his 'airy fairy wafflings' when he first put it up.

:( 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

17 minutes ago, hammie said:

Seems like some saddo's are bidding on this again coming up to the end.

Its so obviously different from a real one surely these bidders dont really believe that they can get away with

passing this off as a real one if DJ'ing with it ?

The guy selling it also ought to be ashamed, by now he must know it's not a real one and should have withdrawn it 

and relisted it with the proper description, not his 'airy fairy wafflings' when he first put it up.

:( 

hammie i d,nt like it i want my suger and spice,still looking lol billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!