OMG ... Where Will It Ends

Zanetti

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-T-PARKER-If-You-Want-To-Hold-On-Its-Too-Late-45-Academy-Northern-Soul-HEAR-/181919801113?hash=item2a5b43df19:g:9s0AAOSwwbdWNn~H

Its F***ing RARE - Yeah. I Know ... But Its Still A G+ Copy, Maybe G Or Less.

Some Desperate Guys Outthere!?!

Last One Sold In 2012 For Near 6000 [VG+/++] So I Assume It Will Go For Nearly The SAME :ohmy: :yes:

Edited by Zanetti
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-T-PARKER-If-You-Want-To-Hold-On-Its-Too-Late-45-Academy-Northern-Soul-HEAR-/181919801113?hash=item2a5b43df19:g:9s0AAOSwwbdWNn~H

Its F***ing RARE - Yeah. I Know ... But Its Still A G+ Copy, Maybe G Or Less.

Some Desperate Guys Outthere!?!

Last One Sold In 2012 For Near 6000 [VG+/++] So I Assume It Will Go For Nearly The SAME :ohmy: :yes:

Does nowt for me as a tune but always seems to get a full dance floor when played out. Some wanna be DJ will doubtless pay silly money for a shagged out record, I always thought it might make a good ashtray though, regardless of condition :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the $6000 one in 2012 was bogus - two willy waving deperados collided and the winner refused to pay what he'd bid and it ended up going for around the third highest bid, which was about $3000 I think. 

I love it, but it's fairly well played out now, so paying this much for a barely listenable copy is bizarre. I find it all a bit distasteful...it's like some people's whole self-esteem is resting on record acquisition

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Gonna sit on the fence on this one. I think it's a crap record.

Peter

:wicked:

I agree Peter - it's a mediocre record at the best - neither decent Northern nor decent R&B or anything else - why anyone would pay more than 2 figures for this escapes me - hope you're well Peter - we're due a check in mate :thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Funnily enough on these Forums whenever a 45 attracts people's attention is put down. I've heard the same about Jonathan Capree, George Lemons and many others. Maybe I have a poor taste but I like all these records and I sincerely think if they command big sums of money is because many others like them. Just my opinión.

Anyway, 1825$ for a trashed 45 is just mental. Just makes me wonder how much a clean copy would go for...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Wasn't this going for around £600 when it was uncovered a few years ago? It's had it's day, so I'm surprised it's going for much more than that.

Social source share

23 minutes ago, Matt Male said:

Wasn't this going for around £600 when it was uncovered a few years ago? It's had it's day, so I'm surprised it's going for much more than that.

These days, I think it's precisely when records have had their day that they start fetching daft money; This indicates that the slow to catch on are also the biggest spenders; makes you wonder how they got so rich, unimaginative plodding i suppose!

A few went for £600 yes Matt, I just missed them and paid £800

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Ted Massey said:

still rams the floors at ALL venues

Agree with you Ted it does fill the floor; I know you played it at Ramsbottom on Friday and that was the effect, but the tune does nothing for me. Guess I'm the hard to please type by requesting tunes like Henry C and the ivy Leaguers or the Del Larks :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, dimples said:

Funnily enough on these Forums whenever a 45 attracts people's attention is put down. I've heard the same about Jonathan Capree, George Lemons and many others. Maybe I have a poor taste but I like all these records and I sincerely think if they command big sums of money is because many others like them. Just my opinión.

Anyway, 1825$ for a trashed 45 is just mental. Just makes me wonder how much a clean copy would go for...

No mate, you have terrible taste.........:lol:...........I hate all three. :yes:

Social source share

Actually the one at Allentown did sell at the end of the day on Saturday for the $2000 that I told the seller it was worth on the Thursday beforehand.....I put him in touch with the dealer who sold the ebay copy (as he was also at the show) so he could tell him the real result of the ebay auction.....apparently the winning bidder had entered $8000 instead of $800 so won it for $5680ish....he then retracted his bid, so the second highest bidder won it for the necessary increment above the third highest (which I believe was $2600)

Though I have been informed this morning that it has sold for £3500 and £3700 privately in recent years.....!!!!

Also, Mr Monkey, I'm pretty sure Alfie has since sold his/your old copy, though I could be mistaken.

Still a great tune mind!

Edited by Mace
Social source share

16 hours ago, pow wow mik said:

These days, I think it's precisely when records have had their day that they start fetching daft money; This indicates that the slow to catch on are also the biggest spenders; makes you wonder how they got so rich, unimaginative plodding i suppose!

A few went for £600 yes Matt, I just missed them and paid £800

A few went for a lot less :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!