Cellarfull Of Soul , Connaught Hotel ,wolverhampton

Craig W

The second of three pilot soul nights to be held underground at The Westlands Suite below the famous Connaught Hotel in Wolverhampton on Friday 29th of September with resident DJ's Hitsville Chalky , Craig and Woody with guest Dj for this month Dave Rimmer.

Running from 8 pm till 1 am admission is £5.00 on the door.

It is a superb retro themed cellar club (trendiest venue in the area) with a large sprung real wooden dancefloor , alcoves , offset rooms , arches and comfy seating , air conditioning and a superb record room for those who like to buy a rare item or two! Record dealers are welcome.

Musically it is Northern Soul , Motown and R&B. Everything is played off vinyl over a superb high power twin record deck system.

The first night in June was a huge success with a massive anticipation for this event which is guaranteed to busy with the doors closing at 11 pm or earlier whichever the case.

At Junes event luxury double hotel rooms were on offer at £ 27.50 to anyone who attended the soul night and a rate will be negotiated for this September event.

Please see www.the44soulclub.co.uk for more details.

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phil Richards

Everything is played off vinyl over a superb high power twin record deck system.

Cor! Do you think think these "twin deck" things will ever catch on?? ranting_1.gif

So are you going to turn up Mr Smith ?

Honestly folks, judging by the state of Woody's eye when i last saw him Sunday morning it will be worth attending the Connaught just to see how much of a technicolour bruise he still has by Friday :thumbsup:

I'm taking my camera along Friday so I'll get some get some good shots of it.

I'll post them up on here and we'll have a guess how Woody got his shiner competition wicked.gif

Just like to give a big thank you to everyone who turned up on Friday (only our second night here) to make this a very busy night with a superb atmosphere and great music , we even had some young faces in which makes a nice change and one bloke I was talking to had made the journey from Bangor. We had a bit of a problem with some crafty sods sneaking in without paying down through the upstairs door which was left open for some reason ph34r.gif

Talking to a number of people who attended because of its underground location , its retro theme , arches ,offset rooms and layout commented what a great venue it was and how it felt like bieng at an authentic 60s/70s venue.Plenty of people came up to the decks to see what was playing and asking for requests which is allways nice.

Tim the manager was so impressed he has asked us to do the December 29th Xmas party Cellarfull of Soul event in the huge ballroom upstairs which has a massive sprung dancefloor and 400 plus capacity which has put us in a bit of a position to make a decision to keep it underground which will be a fantastic night or go for the big one upstairs.

I've uploaded a video of Friday night which was took at various stages of the night by my camera with no flashlight so the quality is pretty poor but it gives you an idea of the atmosphere.Click the below link.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=16661

PS. Dont forget to catch Hitsville Chalky who will be in Detroit this week and while out there will be live on The Right Track Radio Show live on Tuesday night Sylvester Potts from The Contours between 9 - 11.30 pm on this link. Please dont miss it.

WWW.WFMRADIO.ORG

Edited by Craig W