News: Sad News: Allen Toussaint R I P

Roburt

Rest in peace

loved Mr Toussaint  including the following singles.

Love lots of loving Lee Dorsey And Betty Harris

Omar Khayyam  The Rubaiyats

Trouble with my lover Betty Harris

Allen Toussaint  Get out My life woman

just to mention a few a sad loss indeed .

Edited by smudger
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I grew up on the western edge of the delta south usa... a few hours from New Orleans

When we were young, back in the 70s, we'd head over to New Orleans to check out the record stores, and go to clubs such as Tip's or other live music venues. I got to witness Professor Longhair, The Funky Meters, lots of Jazz at Snug Harbor and legends such as Allen T, Irma Thomas or Lee Dorsey.

We lost a legend. We lost a benchmark. Brickyard Blues, indeed...

allent.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest BILL THE BLOCK

He was a a legend of new Orleans music and a producer of so many classic records,he will be sadly missed heaven has gained a fantastic piano player R I P

Social source share

Sad news of his death this week, Lauren laverne at BBC 6 music, played a vast selection of his tunes this week on her 10am till 1pm show. Probably still available on   BBC  6 MUSIC  I  PLAYER..... could not believe how many songs he was involved with.... AMAZING TALENTED MAN... RIP 

Social source share

Such loss but a proud legacy left by a humble man.  Sansu was your baby.  

As well as UK Top Ten hits, you dedicated your life to music; gracing ours with well-crafted, catchy R&B.  The boogie-woogie got you, but so did we.  You gave us ‘smart’ tunes; brilliantly balanced melodies that spiral on the dance floor, lifting the heart!   It’s your vocals on Omar!  Your penned horns on Irma Thomas What Are You trying To Do? - and those chords in Show It! -all over the shop but absolutely magnificent.  (Hang on a Minit... is it you too? - piano chords 1:20 in on Homer Banks’s 60 Minutes?)    

RIP Mr Toussaint, and thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EihE9a_mEE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!