Mike James Kirkland Special Part 1

Hidden Gems

3 minutes ago, Hidden Gems said:

New podcast features Mike James Kirkland in an exclusive interview conducted in Bilbao after his first ever live show in Europe. Looking back on 50 years that began with Mike & The Censations, followed by a solo career that yielded two classic albums, and finally the hit "You're Gonna Get Next to Me" as Bo Kirkland with Ruth Davis, part one covers 1965 - 1970.

https://taylorws.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-10T08_29_47-08_00

BO KIRKLAND & RUTH DAVIS  YOU’RE GONNA GETNEXT TO ME (LP VERSION).

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE (PART 1).

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  DON’T MESS WITH ME.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  THERE’S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  I NEED YOUR LOVIN’.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  DON’T SELL YOUR SOUL.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  YOU’RE LIVING A LIE.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  SHOPPING FOR LOVE.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  GONNA TRY TO GET YOU BACK.

Oh yes, fantastic artist, every track there is a belter, listen tomorrow, roll on part two, nice one Scott

Kev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Brilliant thank you! It really was an amazing performance in Bilbao a few weeks ago...Alex and his mates did a great job organising it all. Mike and the band + backing singers all incredible...a few of us there were lucky enough to sit and chat with him in the hotel for a good half hour or more..a really lovely man and what a voice! I'll post a couple photos later if I can. Cheers, Steve

• Helpful 3
Social source share

3 minutes ago, 71 Steve said:

Brilliant thank you! It really was an amazing performance in Bilbao a few weeks ago...Alex and his mates did a great job organising it all. Mike and the band + backing singers all incredible...a few of us there were lucky enough to sit and chat with him in the hotel for a good half hour or more..a really lovely man and what a voice! I'll post a couple photos later if I can. Cheers, Steve

Hope you do Steve, one of my favourite artists, got the Bo and Ruth album, didn't know it was Mike Kirkland until today, you learn something every day following this music:yes:

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks, gents. Here's part 2.

https://taylorws.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-17T03_20_47-08_00

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  GIVE IT TO ME.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  TOGETHER.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  WHERE’S THE SOUL OF MAN.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  HANG ON IN THERE.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  WHAT HAVE WE DONE?

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  IT’S TOO LATE.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  DOIN’ IT RIGHT.

BO KIRKLAND & RUTH DAVIS  I FEEL LOVE IN THIS ROOM TONIGHT.

MIKE JAMES KIRKLAND  FEELING IN MY HEART. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, still diggin said:

Fantastic soul singer and a really nice selection. His 'You put love on my mind' from the 'Doin' it right' set remains a firm favorite.

Cheers Andy

Agreed Andy, every one a genuine winner, personal faves, "Gonna try to get you back" and "Together"

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 11 November 2015 at 16:10:50, Hidden Gems said:

New podcast features Mike James Kirkland in an exclusive interview conducted in Bilbao after his first ever live show in Europe. Looking back on 50 years that began with Mike & The Censations, followed by a solo career that yielded two classic albums, and finally the hit "You're Gonna Get Next to Me" as Bo Kirkland with Ruth Davis, part one covers 1965 - 1970.

https://taylorws.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-10T08_29_47-08_00

BO KIRKLAND & RUTH DAVIS  YOU’RE GONNA GETNEXT TO ME (LP VERSION).

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE (PART 1).

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  DON’T MESS WITH ME.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  THERE’S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  I NEED YOUR LOVIN’.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  DON’T SELL YOUR SOUL.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  YOU’RE LIVING A LIE.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  SHOPPING FOR LOVE.

MIKE & THE CENSATIONS  GONNA TRY TO GET YOU BACK.

Awesome stuff. One of my favourite artists. Looking forward to part 2.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, still diggin said:

Fantastic soul singer and a really nice selection. His 'You put love on my mind' from the 'Doin' it right' set remains a firm favorite.

Cheers Andy

Agreed, Andy. "You Put it On My Mind" is superb but we didn't get round to talking about it for some reason. I'll play it on a forthcoming show, though.

Part 2 is now posted, Jaco: https://taylorws.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-17T03_20_47-08_00

Social source share

20 hours ago, Hidden Gems said:

Agreed, Andy. "You Put it On My Mind" is superb but we didn't get round to talking about it for some reason. I'll play it on a forthcoming show, though.

Part 2 is now posted, Jaco: https://taylorws.podomatic.com/entry/2015-11-17T03_20_47-08_00

Cheers. Will give it a listen over the weekend. Great showcase for a great vocalist.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!