What is this record??

Ik001

Looking for artist/title of a 70/80's record but haven't a clue who is singing (female) or any of the lyrics. Only know the riff of the record (mid tempo) but a bit useless on here. It was a big record for Soul Sam quite a few years ago and the last time I heard it played out would be by Rob Wicks at the Bridlington weekender again a few years ago. That's it I'm afraid but a long shot is through this useless scrap of information someone might know the tune.

Many thanks,

In Anticipation,

Ian

Social source share

8 hours ago, Matt Male said:

Angela Davis - My Love Is So Strong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4_baMS-pfc

No I'm afraid it isn't this one but hopefully enough posts will be put up and it will turn up. Googled to Soul Sams playlists last night but still couldn't track it down. Also forgot to mention that I'm sure the record starts off with a brief monologue and then breaks out into the main song.

Social source share

8 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

Mind reader , was just going to put that Steve:thumbsup:

No afraid not. Keep them coming and I'll continue the search. First heard Soul Sam play it many years ago. It's not a recent outing and I have a feeling it is rare?

Edited by ik001
Social source share

9 hours ago, Naughty Boy said:

Bloody hell Ian ... Only a few year ago it could be any number of tracks .. But was it judy freeman   Hold on  

Know that one Rob and that's pure northern, this one was a 70 or even 80 track (or I assume so). Cant think of any lyrics to it, but you definitely played it the main room at Brid maybe 4/5 years ago? It will probably be an obvious one if it is revealed?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male
10 hours ago, ik001 said:

Very similar to this one but not the one. We might be getting closer?

Bloody hell, now you've grabbed my attention even more.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Pete S said:

Is this a 'post the worst record' competition?

If it is that "Under lock and key" IL shite that you've been bigging up on FB should definitely get a mention. 

Apologies if if its not you but that other Pete Smith that upsets people :D

Social source share

1 hour ago, ik001 said:

Appreciated but this is an obvious one??

Ha! Make up your mind - I posted that in response to you saying  "Could just add it is one that appeals to the 70/80's and Northern crowd so not looking at an obscure modern one if you get my drift?"

Social source share

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎41‎:‎48, ik001 said:

No not this either. Could just add it is one that appeals to the 70/80's and Northern crowd so not looking at an obscure modern one if you get my drift??

No, I didn't really think it would be, but anything with the line "F*ck you, and the Range Rover you rode in on!" deserved to be brought to a wider audience. And let's face it finding the actual tune on the info you have supplied is a bit of a long shot.... so it was meant to be a bit of fun really.

Edited by Rich B
grammar
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Rich B said:

No, I didn't really think it would be, but anything with the line "F*ck you, and the Range Rover you rode in on - and your Saab convertible too!" deserved to be brought to a wider audience. And let's face it finding the actual tune on the info you have supplied is a bit of a long shot....

It is a long shot indeed, but always worth trying? The song is in my head but none of the lyrics but patience is a virtue and one day I'll hear it played somewhere.

Edited by ik001
Social source share

17 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Maybe we should start a new game called "Name That Tune

Someone writes and asks us to name a tune that they heard 30 or 40 years ago that they think was played by a certain dj at a certain venue but they can't be sure which dj or which venue. They can't remember who it was by or any of the lyrics or even if sounded a bit like another record and then we send in guesses and he replies saying sorry not that one until we get so pissed off that we give up.

As it it such an original idea it might even be turned into a TV show, or have I heard that before but can't remember?

Ha ha ha,great idea..

I've got one, played at morecambe pier..  70s /80s. Has the lyrics sitting in the park.. Mm hh..think it was Richard searling ??? 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!