Recent Bogus Ebay Emails

Over the last week or so I've had 3 emails purporting to be from Ebay members all saying roughly the same thing:

"Let me know your best price on this item - I'm online now and can pay you straight away".

Well thats strange 'cos I aint got nothing for sale on Ebay at the moment. So when you press the "respond now" button it asks you to log into Ebay - and once again I don't need to remind you all thats what they're after - your log in details.

It's a virtual copy of an ebay page with the laughable line " Ebay sent this message on behalf of an ebay member sent through 'my messages' ". Of course if you open up Ebay through its home page there's no sight of the above message anywhere.

I suppose if you're selling loads of items or you're in a mad rush or careless why would you immediately open their link without firstly checking the item number they give to see if it cross checks with anything you're selling? It's the old time honoured lure of a sale quick quick I can pay you now.

I'm sure some people must get bored of being constantly warned of bogus ebay happenings bit like government campaigns to always wash your hands after you've been to the toilet and don't forget to fasten your seat belt. Oh well.

derek

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Over the last week or so I've had 3 emails purporting to be from Ebay members all saying roughly the same thing:

"Let me know your best price on this item - I'm online now and can pay you straight away".

Well thats strange 'cos I aint got nothing for sale on Ebay at the moment. So when you press the "respond now" button it asks you to log into Ebay - and once again I don't need to remind you all thats what they're after - your log in details.

It's a virtual copy of an ebay page with the laughable line " Ebay sent this message on behalf of an ebay member sent through 'my messages' ". Of course if you open up Ebay through its home page there's no sight of the above message anywhere.

I suppose if you're selling loads of items or you're in a mad rush or careless why would you immediately open their link without firstly checking the item number they give to see if it cross checks with anything you're selling? It's the old time honoured lure of a sale quick quick I can pay you now.

I'm sure some people must get bored of being constantly warned of bogus ebay happenings bit like government campaigns to always wash your hands after you've been to the toilet and don't forget to fasten your seat belt. Oh well.

derek

had these too derek.

the GOLDEN RULE with all messages from ebay is:

1) ignore the email.

2) log on to your ebay account. if it's a genuine message it will be in your messages section in 'my ebay'. if it's not, it won't be.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!