• Replies 60
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

a place where can post up nighter dates for 2006

link

GOLDSOUL ALL NIGHTER /WEEKENDER/SPECIAL EVENTS LIST incorporating TOGETHERNESS/VIP RADIO/SOULTRIPUSA brand partnerships.

Details from sales@goldsoul.co.uk

2006;

On top of the list below, we are launching 2 new venues(North West/North East) to cover 5 BANK HOLIDAY dates(2 in the NW, 3 in NE) ie SUNDAY ALL NIGHTERS.

The North West is in conjunction with Richard Searling, the North East is with the forthcoming Sky Digital Radio channel VIP.

MARCH 4th KINGS HALL, STOKE

APRIL 26-MAY 3 SOULTRIPUSA, East Brunswick Hilton, New Jersey, USA.

JULY 7,8,9 WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER, Whitby Pavilion, Whitby, N.Yorks.

JULY 22 KINGS HALL, STOKE

SEPT 9 KINGS HALL, STOKE

SEPT 15-17 BLACKPOOL SOUL WEEKENDER, Norbreck Castle

OCT 21 KINGS HALL, STOKE

NOV 10-12 TOGETHERNESS WEEKENDER, Cala Gran Holiday Park, Fleetwood.

DEC 31 KINGS HALL, STOKE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DATES FOR LIFELINE 2006

FEB 345 WEEKENDER

APRIL 29TH

JUNE 24TH

AUGUST 26

OCT 28TH

ALL ADMISSON TRAVEL DETAILS FROM CHALKY

Is this right that Soultown and Lifeline are clashing 28th October ?

infact there are clashes already apart from the above winsford and lifeline in august and stoke and middleton in september :-(((

Edited by Dave Abbott

And if so, when did Andy Dyson get his pilots licence...

Need a Harrier Jump jet to get him between North Manchester and Colsterworth to do his spots/promoting...LOL

Personally I hope it's a mis-print, as i'd like to be able to attend all of the Lifeline nights.

Guest Chris Waterman

Dates for NCS 2006 last weekend of each month

28th Jan Birmingham

25th Feb Manchester

25th Mar Birmingham

30th April Manchester (moved to Sunday to avoid clash with Lifeline)

27th May Stoke

24th June Manchester **

29th July Birmingham

27th Aug Manchester (moved to Sunday to avoid clash with Lifeline and Winsford)

30th Sept Manchester

28th Oct Birmingham **

25th Nov Manchester

26th Dec Manchester (Boxing Night Northern Cowboys)

30th Dec Birmingham

** Clash with Lifeline

This can not be helped and to move would only cause clashes with other nighters.

Chris W

Guest Chris Waterman

'Kinnell

So that's three nighters on the same night now.

Joe,

Don't know about three, but have spoke to Lifeline ( who last year went on every other 3rd Sat)

we all agreed NCS, Lifeline, Soultown and Steam etc would try to stay away from each other were possible,

I can only comment on my promotion, NCS has been on the last Sat of each month since 2003 ( venue permitting) When offered a new venue in Birmingham rather than launch on an already busy Calendar I decided to run on the last Sat on alternative months with Manchester/North West.

When taking these venues on the owners want as many bookings as possible, I have had to fight pretty hard to persuade them that I can't be in each venue every month.

I have now moved two nights into another venue on a Bank Holiday Sunday so to avoid clash with Lifeline and Winsford on the last Sat of the month, I can't move the Oct date, if I do I risk losing the venue.

with respect Joe, what more can I do?

Chris W

infact there are clashes already apart from the above winsford and lifeline in august and stoke and middleton in september :-(((

The date I got from Andy for Middleton is the 21st so hopefully a mis-print.

The date I got from Andy for Middleton is the 21st so hopefully a mis-print.
Chalky, Just checked against next years dates and Middleton is the 21st...

I wrote all the dates listed on a calender as they got posted and also have 21st October for Middleton.

Might be worth you guys phoning him to double check.

Regards

Mace.

Edited by Mace

Joe,

Don't know about three, but have spoke to Lifeline ( who last year went on every other 3rd Sat)

we all agreed NCS, Lifeline, Soultown and Steam etc would try to stay away from each other were possible,

I can only comment on my promotion, NCS has been on the last Sat of each month since 2003 ( venue permitting) When offered a new venue in Birmingham rather than launch on an already busy Calendar I decided to run on the last Sat on alternative months with Manchester/North West.

When taking these venues on the owners want as many bookings as possible, I have had to fight pretty hard to persuade them that I can't be in each venue every month.

I have now moved two nights into another venue on a Bank Holiday Sunday so to avoid clash with Lifeline and Winsford on the last Sat of the month, I can't move the Oct date, if I do I risk losing the venue.

with respect Joe, what more can I do?

Chris W

Morning Chris, We as promoters all know how difficult trying to avoid clashes can be, to that effect we all must be as flexible as possible. Myself and Andy both moved dates earlier this year to avoid each others venues and will do so again when and if that happens.That also goes for yourself (as you know ) and any other promoter out there. Would like to thank you for moving your August date,

Steve

'Kinnell

So that's three nighters on the same night now.

Listening to Soul Source on Smooth FM sat night and there was mention of two nighters next year in Morecambe on bank holidays didnt catch the first date but the second was Aug bank holiday. Can some body confirm this and if so is it going to be the Fri ? Otherwise whats the F,in point of us all posting dates if someone just comes along and walks over everybodies hard worked plans :lol:

With regards the clashing etc.. i agree it is a nightmare and quite right ncs is on the 4th saturdays ,but a few factors forced my hand , firstly we found it near on impossible to replace our last venue infact if we hadn't got the fox lifeline would have been finnished and in my opinion the future of the upfront niter scene at a virtual standstill ! whether people reply to this or not the general shape of things as far as progressive 60's -70's is concerned - well absolute pants, very unstimulating they are the comments i get ! when will lifeline be starting again people asked ? so not only is it a struggle to find a venue then you gotta work around the best upfront jocks in the world and a million other scenarios, to be quite frank i ain't a promoter i ain't interested in money i'm interested in having a night out where i can hear a few things i don't know and quite frankly NONE of the other niters are doing that and haven't done for years and years ! correct me if i'm wrong chris but when we announced our dates ncs hadn't got a venue or anything solid for next year so i had to bite the bullet mmm just as the spineless knobs did at winsford and middleton when they clashed with lifeline recentley ! but i appreciate you switching dates that we unfortunately clash on it's certainly nothing personal at the end of the day musically we fortunately are on the whole chasing a different smaller customer base that are fickle to say the least ! so to be quite honest i wish someone else would do a lifeline niter save me a lot of unwanted headaches andpolitical bollocks.any views most welcome.andy dyson

Guest Chris Waterman

With regards the clashing etc.. i agree it is a nightmare and quite right ncs is on the 4th saturdays ,but a few factors forced my hand , firstly we found it near on impossible to replace our last venue infact if we hadn't got the fox lifeline would have been finnished and in my opinion the future of the upfront niter scene at a virtual standstill ! whether people reply to this or not the general shape of things as far as progressive 60's -70's is concerned - well absolute pants, very unstimulating they are the comments i get ! when will lifeline be starting again people asked ? so not only is it a struggle to find a venue then you gotta work around the best upfront jocks in the world and a million other scenarios, to be quite frank i ain't a promoter i ain't interested in money i'm interested in having a night out where i can hear a few things i don't know and quite frankly NONE of the other niters are doing that and haven't done for years and years ! correct me if i'm wrong chris but when we announced our dates ncs hadn't got a venue or anything solid for next year so i had to bite the bullet mmm just as the spineless knobs did at winsford and middleton when they clashed with lifeline recentley ! but i appreciate you switching dates that we unfortunately clash on it's certainly nothing personal at the end of the day musically we fortunately are on the whole chasing a different smaller customer base that are fickle to say the least ! so to be quite honest i wish someone else would do a lifeline niter save me a lot of unwanted headaches andpolitical bollocks.any views most welcome.andy dyson

Andy,

your comments are welcome,

I posted in responce to Joe's comments which could be read by new people on this forum, that we all just picked dates out of the air and to highlight that fact i stated that NCS has been on the the last Sat since Dec 2003 and that we all tried to work together were possible.

In a way you are right NCS did not have a solid venue for the coming year when you posted your dates but I had made it known to Mick H we would be running on the last Sat in 2006 and that I had been talking too and doing the deals on the different venues for a couple of months and because of what had gone on lately with any venue I tried to do in the North West I wanted to get the venues boxed off before I put anything down in print and not end up looking like a twat again with cancelations,

I talk to Mick H often and he knows I agree we can both run on the same night as we both present different formats and are far enough apart to be able to co-exist.

I am a promoter who also does this for a good night out, got to really because we both know there is bugger all to be made promoting Northern Soul!!

Andy I would prefer to be dancing at Lifeline (missed one this year) but to get the venues I need to give them regular business so I am more than happy I can move two dates, that way i can come to yours, dance, get pissed and watch you get stressed out!

Chris W

Edited by Chris Waterman
  • 2 weeks later...

Leicester Allnighters 2006

Feb 18th

April 1st

June 3rd

Sept 16th

Dec 28th

The Leicester Allnighter dates have now been updated and changed for the third and final time. The above dates are now definate and cannot be changed again. The main reason for the changes has been because of date clashes with other nighters such as Middleton, NCS, Rugby...every possible effort has now been made to avoid this.

Edited by Jim.

Hi Dave

Leicesters dates are right for 4th march 2006 but the others are 3rd June 2006, 9th September 2006 and Decembers is still to be confirmed with the venue.

We've tried our best not to clash with other nighters but its practically impossible!

cheers

Stu

Edited by stuart.wileman3
Guest Chris Waterman

Further to my past posts here are the new amended dates for New Century Soul for 2006

Jan 28th Birmingham

Mar 25th Birmingham

April 30th Manchester Bank Holiday Sunday

May 27th Birmingham

July 29th Birmingham

Aug 27th Manchester Bank Holiday Sunday

Sept 30th Birmingham

Nov 25th Birmingham

Dec 26th Manchester Boxing Day Allnighter

After talking with fellow promoters we have now got it that there is nearly no major clashing of Allnighters.

I would also like to add that New Century Soul will not be holding regular Allnighters at The Queens Hall Stoke as the managment of the venue are bringing in a Council directive No Smoking policy in Jan 2006, Now I don't know if this will be inforced across all Stoke Council venues but Steve Ball of the Queens Hall has been offered incentives to take part and if he turns these down then we would have to make up the difference in venue hire fees, which would have to be passed on to customers, Mace and I feel the scene could not with stand the increase on door prices so we have decided to call it a day on a wonderful venue.

I have listed six dates for Birmingham and three for Manchester and would ask Dave to amend the dates

Thanks

Chris W

Edited by Chris Waterman
Guest Phil Richards

Further to my past posts here are the new amended dates for New Century Soul for 2006

Jan 28th Birmingham

Mar 25th Birmingham

April 30th Manchester Bank Holiday Sunday

May 27th Birmingham

July 29th Birmingham

Aug 27th Manchester Bank Holiday Sunday

Sept 30th Birmingham

Nov 25th Birmingham

Dec 26th Manchester Boxing Day Allnighter

After talking with fellow promoters we have now got it that there is nearly no major clashing of Allnighters.

I would also like to add that New Century Soul will not be holding regular Allnighters at The Queens Hall Stoke as the managment of the venue are bringing in a Council directive No Smoking policy in Jan 2006, Now I don't know if this will be inforced across all Stoke Council venues but Steve Ball of the Queens Hall has been offered incentives to take part and if he turns these down then we would have to make up the difference in venue hire fees, which would have to be passed on to customers, Mace and I feel the scene could not with stand the increase on door prices so we have decided to call it a day on a wonderful venue.

I have listed six dates for Birmingham and three for Manchester and would ask Dave to amend the dates

Thanks

Chris W

More DJ's to book then :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Dave

can you please add the following two weekenders to the list

June

"Severn Souls " Brean Sands Holiday Centre, Weston-Super-Mare friday 23rd to Monday 26th june 2006

October

Motown Legends @ Prestatyn Note New Date Friday 13th to Monday 16th October 2006

The date is two weeks later than originaly advertised in the Hemsby Weekender program

more details on both of the above to follow

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Rob

Done

Hi

The In Crowd Weekender 2 - Friday 26 May - Sunday 28 May 2006.

at The Moat House Hotel, Silver Street, Northampton.

Stunning line up of artists appearing! Will let you know very soon!

further details on web site - www.northernsoul.co.uk and click the 'In Crowd Weekender' button at the top of the page!

Cheers

Paddy

Hi

The In Crowd Weekender 2 - Friday 26 May - Sunday 28 May 2006.

at The Moat House Hotel, Silver Street, Northampton.

Stunning line up of artists appearing! Will let you know very soon!

further details on web site - www.northernsoul.co.uk and click the 'In Crowd Weekender' button at the top of the page!

Cheers

Paddy

CAN'T WAIT PADDY....ALL POWER TO YOU...I'M SURE IT WILL BE ANOTHER BLINDER.....PLAYED THE GREATSTONE LAST NIGHT AND KICKED OFF WITH..'I'M JUST AN AVERAGE GUY ' AS MY OPENER,,,,I'M STILL BORING THE PANTS OF ANY ONE WHO'LL LISTEN.....AS TO HOW WONDERFULL THE LAST WEEKENDER WAS......... RUN INTO EDDIE HUBBARD WHO WAS JUST ONE OF THE TOP PEOPLE I MET AT NORTHAMPTON.......(..AT THE POST GREATSTONE CHILL OUT SESSION AT KRO BAR 2 MANCHESTER) TODAY......HE SAID 'WOULD I BE AT THE NEXT ONE...' ..AND I JUST HAD TO SAY...'TRY BLOODY STOPPING ME' !! CAN'T SAY ENOUGH EVEN AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS...ABOUT JUST WHAT A GREAT TIME I HAD.....WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH FOR THE LINE-UP...CHRIS' BEARSOUL' MORGAN :(

CAN'T WAIT PADDY....ALL POWER TO YOU...I'M SURE IT WILL BE ANOTHER BLINDER.....PLAYED THE GREATSTONE LAST NIGHT AND KICKED OFF WITH..'I'M JUST AN AVERAGE GUY ' AS MY OPENER,,,,I'M STILL BORING THE PANTS OF ANY ONE WHO'LL LISTEN.....AS TO HOW WONDERFULL THE LAST WEEKENDER WAS......... RUN INTO EDDIE HUBBARD WHO WAS JUST ONE OF THE TOP PEOPLE I MET AT NORTHAMPTON.......(..AT THE POST GREATSTONE CHILL OUT SESSION AT KRO BAR 2 MANCHESTER) TODAY......HE SAID 'WOULD I BE AT THE NEXT ONE...' ..AND I JUST HAD TO SAY...'TRY BLOODY STOPPING ME' !! CAN'T SAY ENOUGH EVEN AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS...ABOUT JUST WHAT A GREAT TIME I HAD.....WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH FOR THE LINE-UP...CHRIS' BEARSOUL' MORGAN :thumbsup:

Hi Chris

As always mate, thanks for saying such nice things about our weekender, and also for spreading the word! I am sure you will be amazed when you hear the new line up!! Details coming out very soon! And now the hotel did so well out of the last one, I have managed to negotiate a reduction in the prices! So it will be even bigger weekender than before at a cheaper price!! Now that is top value for money!

Cheers

Paddy

Hi Chris

As always mate, thanks for saying such nice things about our weekender, and also for spreading the word! I am sure you will be amazed when you hear the new line up!! Details coming out very soon! And now the hotel did so well out of the last one, I have managed to negotiate a reduction in the prices! So it will be even bigger weekender than before at a cheaper price!! Now that is top value for money!

Cheers

Paddy

MORE GREAT NEWS PADDY.....LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT , AND AS SOON AS YOU GET THE PROMOTION MATERIAL.......BUNG ME SOME , SEEM TO BE GETTING EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS...SO THE COVERAGE SHOULD BE GOOD IN THIS NECK OF THE WOODS............CHEERS...CHRIS M biggrin.gif

Hi Chris

Thanks for that offer mate, I will certainly bung a load of flyers etc your way in the next week or so! It is already beginning to look like another stunner, already having many people trying to book up!

Cheers

Paddy

If you like to come over for a weekender in Germany, we have our first SoulShakers Weekender in Bamberg Germany from the 5th to the 7th of May.

DJs included are:

Soul Sam, Butch, James Trouble and Dave Thorley from the UK.

From Germany: Marc Forrest, Max Schmitt, Lars Bulnheim, Thorsten Wegner, Osi Celik, Malayka Erpen & Martin Walgenbach

For more information go to: www.soul-shakers.de

Cheers, Martin

PS: There are cheap flights from London, Manchester & Glasgow to Nuremberg (only about 30 miles from Bamberg) with Airberlin.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I have put it in the right place - mods please move if not appropriate

The New Leeds Central Soul Club allnighter

after 30 years, returns on

EASTER SUNDAY APRIL 16TH

10PM - 6AM AT WIRE, 2-8 CALL LANE, LEEDS LS1 6DN

BUTCH - GINGER TAYLOR - SOUL SAM

with Nige Grice Graham Slater Gary Fields Roman & Leon Brown

ADMISSION £10

INFO 07712 773040/07885 583845

• 1 month later...

This years Soulville Weekender will be taking place on the

1st, 2nd, 3rd September '06 at

The Waterside Holiday Village,

Corton,

Lowestoft,

Suffolk.

DJ's at the event include

Bob Jones, Bigger, Vivy B, James Anthony, Gavin Page, Phil Levine, Perry Louis, Scott James, Ginger Tony and many more! playing the best in Soul, Jazz, Funk, R'n'B and Soulful House across 2 venues.

Accomodation is 2 or 3 bedroom self-catering chalets.

Onsite accomodation is £89, luxury onsite accomodation is £110.

Offsite day and weekend passes will be available.

Details can now be found on their new website www.soulville.info for info call 01493 651487

soulvilleweekenders@hotmail.co.uk

For booking information call Waterside direct on 01502 730200

Edited by richard99
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest BIGBOY

2006 ALLNIGHTERS

ATTN ALL PROMOTERS Please check the following and either post on this thread or PM Dave Abbott (NOT Mike) with any additions/amendments etc.

ATTN CUSTOMERS - SS wont be held responsible for any errors in this list so as allways, please check an event is on before travelling...

Dave

JAN

14 SAT 6T's, 100 Club

14 SAT Steam, Crewe

14 SAT South Cheshire Soul Club (SCSC), Winsford

20 FRI Wilton

28 SAT NCS, Birmingham

FEB

3-5 Lifeline Weekender

11 SAT Marrs Bar, Worcester

11 SAT Steam, Crewe

18 SAT Bidds, Stoke