Daftest Lyric in a soul 45

This is an off shoot of the what lyrics got you into the soul scene thread of a few weeks ago. It was sparked by a chance encounter with Jimmy Mack, my world is on fire. I thought what a stupidly daft lyric it is that kicks off this 45... I am sure there is far worse out there, but here's a starter for 10 ...

Like a Chestnut roasting on an open flame

My heart is burning driving me insane

Social source share

Willie Wade - When push comes to shove 

His love is like a piece of wood when its through it aint no good

----------------------------------------------

Big Daddy Rogers - Im a Big Man

Im gonna take you to the wood shed and drop a couple of planks on you 

------------------------------------------------

Wilson Love - Funny Money

My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money My Money

My Money My Money etc

-------------------------------------------------

• Helpful 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

A misheard lyric rather than a stupidly daft lyric.

"When I found that love of mine, I found the fruit bats on the vine…"

There's a prize of a fruit bat if you can ID the song. :D 

Steve Flanagan I've Arrived :)

Daftest lyric... quar giggy, quar giggy - giggy giggy quack quack. That takes some beating 

Social source share

9 hours ago, SoulBoyRecords said:

This is an off shoot of the what lyrics got you into the soul scene thread of a few weeks ago. It was sparked by a chance encounter with Jimmy Mack, my world is on fire. I thought what a stupidly daft lyric it is that kicks off this 45... I am sure there is far worse out there, but here's a starter for 10 ...

Like a Chestnut roasting on an open flame

My heart is burning driving me insane

there was a time - all of it,in fact everything about this song makes me cringe

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Most of Ollie Jackson The Day My Heart Stood Still

Really frustrating record for me cos the backing track is fantastic and his voice is pretty good....but.....
"hey ding dong would you believe that a seal could play ping pong" etc etc, bloody hell, I love our music to bits  but that don't half stretch my patience. This would have made a brilliant instrumental.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Ignore this post - summat went wrong

40 minutes ago, amitwiirly said:

41 minutes ago, amitwiirly said:

there was a time - all of it,in fact everything about this song makes me cringe

Not sure about the daftness of this one? It's all about dance styles and dancing - and boy, what a dance record it is.

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

16 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

Jungle - as in concrete jungle.

The old 'this I feel will bust my pants' has got to be the best.

Dx

I was pretty sure it was jungle Dave. Had another listen before I posted and it's definitely "junger". Is that a slang word for jungle? Unless of course they just changed jungle to junger to rhyme with hunger and thunder!

Pierre

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎50‎:‎13, SoulBoyRecords said:

Yes agree great choon stupid Lyrics. 

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎39‎:‎51, rhino said:

determination dean parrish -"i would plants some seeds then id watch the flowers grow" now thats determination,numb bum and possibly piles. great record still imho

That's not the lyric? he sings "if I find a patch of earth in the middle of a storm & I decide to plant some seeds there where nothing else has grown, I work [on them with?] powers, until you see some flowers".  Brilliant record. 

Social source share

On 11/28/2015 3:05:50, Drewtg said:

"It's almost like eatin, beans by the pound and wrapping-up in adhesive tape, from the waist down. It's blowin-up my mind"

I remember reading Dave Godin quoting these lyrics in B&S around 1972. He said then they were crazy lyrics! Great record though.

Social source share

On 25/11/2015, 21:15:39, SoulStu said:

Most of Ollie Jackson The Day My Heart Stood Still

Really frustrating record for me cos the backing track is fantastic and his voice is pretty good....but.....
"hey ding dong would you believe that a seal could play ping pong" etc etc, bloody hell, I love our music to bits  but that don't half stretch my patience. This would have made a brilliant instrumental.

Yep, the elements are all in place but those lyrics! What on earth were the writers thinking?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!