• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Another thread here about the lable

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34511

does look really tacky :ohmy: no credits what so ever ect, going buy discription it claims its a re-issue from the states.........hmmm in two minds about that one :ohmy:

Went to Willington the other week (which is very close to Burton on Trent) and one of the resident DJ's played Robert Tanner and Margaret Little in his spot. Went and had a look and found that some guy from Nottingham had done some vinyl carver type boots with Margaret Little and Robert Tanner back to back. They'd even taken scans off Johnny Manships site and printed exact copy labels on them.

Don't know if theres any connection with these new boots but Hall of Fame has sold lots of stuff on Ebay so someone on here must have bought off them. If someone comes up with an address then it will be easy to see who's behind it.

Burtons only a small place, I bet Chris Anderton will know who it is

Social source share

Think this record is well overated and a pile of shite, sounds like a drunken pub singer,

this is of course my opinion, and i do not wish to offend anyone who likes this tune.

Wayne.

Social source share

Talking about boots have a look at this one! :P I think Ms Wallaces friends maybe interested in this one.

>> TMG 499 ????? <<

Mr Croasdell maybe interested in this other one he's selling!

>> 100 pounds of boots <<

I know theres always been people booting records but in the last year it feels like we're back in the seventies and almost every day theres something new been booted. I decided a while back not to put up any more scans of rare records because theres always someone looking to use them for the wrong reasons.

It just feels that there are people around now that will go to any lengths to make money from the scene.

Social source share

May have something to do with a well-known wristband supplier late of this parish.

Sent an enquiry to Hall of Fame and received the below reply, I'm sure the name Becks has cropped up on here before !! :P

Hi

yes this one is fairly new prob about a year old.

The manship usa guide theres a new one due october.

the other manship guides are fairly new aswell.

cheque is fine my adress is

R HALL

137 CHURCH ROAD

STRETTON

BURTON ON TRENT

STAFFS

DE13 0HF

thanks again

becks

Edited by mormar44
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source